“Study abroad”
Review of Stolas Hostel

Stolas Hostel
Reviewed 18 February 2015 via mobile

Stolas hostel is a really nice place to stay for a long time. In my case I came to Costa Rica to study for 8 months and friend of mine told me about Stolas and I spoke with the owners. Once I got there I like a lot that Stolas actually is a house...I liked my room, the house is always clean, the breakfast, wifi, laundry, and services are included.
NV

Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo

Reviewed 3 February 2015

We only stayed in San Jose for 1 night, so we were just looking for a hostel that was easy to get to, and was a good price. Stolas Hostel fit these criteria. We stayed in a private room. The guys (owners?) were friendly and spoke good english. They made us pancakes for breakfast in the morning. :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2014

I lived in stolas for 4,5 months and I really liked it. The hostel is located in the perfect place in one of the better neighborhoods of san jose. The hostel has all the luxuries you need and the guys who run it are cool and helpful people. I had a really good stay there and definitely going to return on day!

Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 December 2014

I stayed at Stolas for two weeks or so last summer and I´d say they have everything I need when I travel and then some more. Nice clean place, nice dorms with lockers, pretty comfy beds (as comfy as you get for the 12-16$ a night you pay. They have a kitchen, tv with netflix, playstation and such if you´re into that on a rainy weekday. There are supermarkets within a 500 meter radius and a couple of "Blubs" and bars as well.
The owners arranged a trip to Drake Bay which I had the pleasure of joining in on just for the price of the gas costs. I also went out with the owners a few times and they are pretty cool guys, young who just want to have fun BUT they always make sure everyone is safe etc.

All in all, if I´d go to CR and San José again I would stay there again for sure.

Happy travels!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 December 2014

I had been there a few times. Really cool place, nice people and has a good location in SJ specially if you want to move in the central area, or go downtown looking for a bus station.
I also like their t-shirts.

:P