All reviews front desk costa rica hot water pura vida heart of san jose enjoyed my stay ceiling fan central location viviana lobby downtown taxi country manuel volcano tours
Reviewed 31 July 2018

I have booked the Cocoon hotel adviced from the front desk at the hotel where I stayed in Manuel Antonio. A cauzy hotel in the heart of San Jose , 55 $ per night including breakfast. That was more than enough to spend a night in San Jose. To go to Airport you need to pay 25 $ for taxi and it takes you about 20 min.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Hotel C, Manager at Cocoon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2018

Thanks for your comment. We appreciate your visit and hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Kind of a neat atmosphere, fairly close to city center. Wouldn’t give me money back when I said I wanted to cancel the last 2 days of our stay. The shower in room 61 flooded our room, guess that explains all the other stains on the carpet. Weird felt curtains kept falling off.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hotel C, Manager at Cocoon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Hello. I see that you are commenting about another hotel! We tried to request the removal of this since we do not have carpets on the rooms neither 61 rooms, we only have 40!

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Cocoon had a lovely staff, nice breakfast, and great location for city center. We experienced a few cockroaches at night and had no hot water. Later I read that I could have asked about the hot water instead of assuming there wasn’t any. Despite the exploring cockroaches, the place was clean. If on a budget, I would stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
CocoonHotelCR, Manager at Cocoon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Hello Sara,

Thank you very much for your comment. We work continously on improving our facilities and try to give the best possible service to our guests. Regarding the hot water it was an issue out of our control that by the time of your visit was solved. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

I have felt really comfortable in the stay, everything in general is excellent, has comfortable rooms and a very good staff, also their breakfasts are delicious. The best thing about this hotel is its location, it is located in an area where you have everything within your reach of downtown San Jose.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CocoonHotelCR, Gerente at Cocoon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your feedback. We truly appreciate that you enjoyed to stay with us. We will be waiting for you the next time even with more surprises at Cocoon Hotel!

Reviewed 6 February 2018

After 4 years I returned to Costa Rica, in this hotel was broke my heart , because the people in Costa Rica generaly is so sweet and lovely , this hotel broke my heart especially Mr. José the receptionist who is so coarse , is rude and unkind with the guests, forgets that the great secret of tourism is patience and kindness, the food is nice and the rooms are comfortable
Después de 4 años volví a Costa Rica, este hotel me rompió el corazón, especialmente el Sr. José, el recepcionista que es tan rudo, es grosero y desagradable con los huespedes , se olvida que el gran secreto del turismo es la paciencia y la amabilidad, la comida es agradable y las habitaciones son cómodas

Date of stay: January 2018
Shana-Management, Gerente at Cocoon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Dear guest:
We are very sorry that your heart has broken due to bad customer service, you must be a very sensitive person.
Our hotel stands out for the excellent customer service we provide, we are going to take action on the matter to know what happened, since that behavior is not allowed in our collaborators.
Thank you for your comment, we will use it to improve.
We hope that your good opinion of our country has not been negative for this event.
Regards