Lowest prices for your stay
US$76
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$86
SAVE US$11
TripadvisorUS$75
ZenHotels.com
HurbUS$86
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 January 2020

I don't think that I have anything to add if you are reading the other reviews. Don't miss this most unusual experience. I loved everything about it. The staff was really friendly, the rooms were spacious, and the art was fascinating.

Date of stay: January 2020
Management response:Responded 23 February 2021

Spg 6611 thank you very much for your comment, we are very excited to know that your stay was pleasant and that you enjoyed with us.
We wait for you soon.
Greetings
Miriam Alvarez

Reviewed 8 January 2020 via mobile

This hotel is in a dangerous neighborhood (which I was warned about by the staff) with nothing else around. They also don't actually have a fitness center, and their "restaurant" - which is actually just a small kitchen where any staff member cooks mediocre food - was closed most of the days I was there. They keep the hotel locked down so you can't get in or out without someone to open the gate, and I was concerned that I might get stuck outside given that there were nights I didn't see much staff around. Some of their rooms don't have windows to the outside or safe drinking water (and bottled water wasn't provided). It's cool that they have a lot of art, but it's definitely not family-friendly (seriously there's a giant painting of a topless woman as soon as you walk in). I generally choose adventure over luxury when I travel but lying about amenities is unacceptable. I cut my trip several days short as a result.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Management response:Responded 23 February 2021

Dear Deena R, we are very sorry for your bad experience at our hotel, we will take your comment into account to improve and make the necessary changes to offer a luxury stay.
We hope at some point your opinion about us changes and you can stay with us.
Greetings
Miriam Alvarez

Reviewed 25 June 2019

I spent 10 days at Hotel Casa Roland. This is a really interesting, friendly, and nice place to stay. The breakfast is really really excellent and the staff are really helpful and friendly. The owners have collected so much amazing art. The design of the hotel is like a home, with many different living rooms and public areas that are full of art. Most of the art is tasteful, but there some paintings that seem sexist or inappropriate for kids.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2019

Hotel has a lot of character and was very clean. We enjoyed the personalized service at the breakfast (included in the price) and the staff was very friendly and helpful... even phoning a recommended restaurant to ensure they could meet the dietary restrictions of one of the children we were traveling with. It's great if you're staying in downtown San Jose.

Date of stay: May 2019
HotelCasaRoland, Gerente at Hotel Casa Roland San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2019

Good Morning
we are happy to know that your stay was pleasant.
Thanks to your visit and your comments we make things better every day.

Yesie Miller

Reviewed 2 May 2019

We only spent one night here and wish we could have stayed longer. We need at least 1/2 a day just to check out all the amazing, original art that is hung throughout the hotel. Everyone was friendly, from the desk clerk to Cookie, the night guard.
The rooms were very clean, comfortable and secure. Secured parking was available too.
An amazing value in San Jose!

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Dawn H

Good Morning
As we are pleased to know that your stay was pleasant.
Thanks to your visit and your comments we make things better every day.

I showed kuki your comment and he was very happy, he asked me to say thank you
Yesie Miller