“Really comfy and AMAZING breakfast!”
Review of Hotel Aranjuez

and 1 more site!
Hotel Aranjuez
Ranked #6 of 77 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We loved this hotel - it was so comfy it was like a tranquil sanctuary in San Jose. The breakfast was delicious and the staff were always very helpful and polite. Brilliant value for money.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Fran115
There are newer reviews for Hotel Aranjuez

Reviewed 23 January 2012

I and my son stayed at Aranjuez Hotel for 2 nights as a gateway to Pacific coast. Great breakfast and friendly staff. Special thanks to Renzo, who provided us with helpfull information about places to visit in Costa Rica.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 January 2012

My wife and I spent 3 nights in this hotel last december and we enjoyed all three of them.The staff are very helpful, the facilities are very good, the rates are ok and the breakfast is awesome ! As soon as you book a room, they send you tons of tips (Atm's, taxi...) that are really helpful. The only down side is that breakfast is only served from 7 and whatever you do(tour, plane...), you'll probably have to leave early.

I also would like to add that I happen to have forgotten my camera (and my pictures !) in my room after our second night in this hotel. The roommaid (Veronica)found it and gave it to the guy in charge at the reception. He gave it back to me when my wife and I returned for our third and final night here, before our flight home.

By the way, all our bags were robbed in Quepos so it's really good to know there are still good people in this world !

Thank you Hotel Aranjuez !

De Schrijver Kevin
Belgium

De Schrijver Kevin(Belgium)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KevBrussels_Belgium
Reviewed 13 January 2012

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel, our goal was to take a break from the pacific side before heading to Tortuguero. You can't expect from outside how cute it is inside. The fact that you can parc your car in a safe place and walk easily to the downtown, to the zoo and to all what there is to see around, is a huge Plus. We reserved the superior plus room, wich is equivalent to a La Quinta standard room. It was spacious, clean with a small garden path. Like everybody said, the breakfast was delicious. I didn't like the fact that you hear people in the corridor even if they are not talking loudly. So if this disturbs you, ask for a quiet room situated at the end of the corridor for example. I had my purse stolen the last morning at breakfast time. The tables in the garden were all occupied so we stayed in a sort of dinning room near the kitchen and I only left like 2 minutes. I asked the waiter, he told me to go to the front desk, and there, the guy told me to ask the waiter... Anyways, they said they searched but I didn't see anybody taking it seriously. I give 4 points because it's a nice place and the ratio quality/price deserves it. But I keep the fifth point for another place and I blame myself for the lost of my purse.

Room Tip: Sounds like a dumb advise but according to my experience, do not let your belongings unattended.If y...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Minamtl
sjara, Propietario at Hotel Aranjuez, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2012

We want to inform you that due to the situation you went through we’ve taken serious actions to increase the security in our social areas like the installation of new cameras. Even if the 80% of our clients are from the United States of America, we can’t have control over all the people that get around the Hotel Aranjuez. In any case, we always recommend our clients to keep an eye on their personal belongings.

Reviewed 12 January 2012

I stayed in this hotel back in October 2009 when I based myself in San Jose. I found it to be a very convenient hotel which wasn't too expensive and is suitable for travellers who want to unwind before or after their trips within Costa Rica. The rooms had comfortable beds, a private shower, a telephone which offered free calls within Costa Rica, and a security safe box to place your valuables in. The breakfast service was very good, you had a wide range of choice of foods, fruit juices, and coffee, all of which you could have as much as you like. Free internet was also available but at the time of my stay there was only 2 computers available so sometimes you had to wait for somebody to come off, otherwise I believe WiFi was also available. The staff were helpful with information you needed to know, and the city centre was only a 10 minute walk away otherwise the hotel was located away from the hustle and bustle of the city. You can also book tours from the hotel.

The only negative things I had to say about the hotel was that one receptionist seemed that he couldn't be bothered to help book a tour for me and told me to phone the company, and I also got bitten by ants in one room. Otherwise it wasn't such a big deal.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo