See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I person I knew had her laptop stolen from their hotel room while they were out. The hotel didn't take responsability, they didn't even point them in the right direction to file a police report, they were completely useless, and they still charged them for the nights they stayed. I cant beleive a hotel can have such horrible service.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Argus26
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I stayed at this horrible hotel with a high school EF Tour. The lobby was shabby, the room smelled awful, the rug was stained, there were tiles missing in the bathroom/shower, I was afraid to sleep in the sheets (I slept on the top of the bed between beach towels), the breakfast was not edible and I prayed there wouldn't be an earthquake or fire.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank TerreG
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This hotel is in serious need of TLC. It shabby looking, and the decor needs a lot of help and renovations.
Some of the window panels are missing, i had clean but stained sheets, the carpet was stained, the tiles in the bathroom were cracked, the air conditionning barely worked some light fixures in my room did not work...you get the picture.
However, Its located in a relatively safe area and walking distance from the main shopping strip. If you don't care about esthetics and you are on a tight budget, its not a completely horrible option, but i would not stay there again. Also, i did not have any begbugs.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank TanyaOnTheRoad
Reviewed 26 May 2012

uuuugggghhhh!!! It was not by choice my friend and I stayed here but rather a late-night, last option! We had booked a place down the road at Casa Colon and were forced to move to Hotel Ambassador because our room at Colon was no longer available (that's another post). Thank god we only had to really spend less than 6 hours MAX in this place. Walking into the lobby around 23:00 we had the most uncomfortable feeling. It was dark with flickering fluorescent lights and random men just hanging out infront of the TV. Our room was disgusting! The bathroom and shower were equally disgusting! It was as if they built the place in the 60s and hadn't touched it since! The sheets and bed made sleeping so utterly uncomfortable. I had to put one of my own t-shirts over the pillow to ensure I would be sleeping on something clean! The blankets hadn't been changed since 1960 either. This was the worst 1st night's sleep in a new country EVER!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank MMHworldtraveler
Reviewed 17 June 2010

It's this kind of hotel where you can only spend one or two nights for business.
The hotel is old but the location is very good, you are in the middle of San Jose.
A place for low budget without taste.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business