All reviews other guests costa rica the san jose area home away from home small pool small hotel close to the airport gay downtown guesthouse
Reviewed 6 September 2015

The staff is very helpful, English speaking and very accommodating. The common areas are lovely and comfortable. There are several choices for breakfast. The pool is wonderful. The area is a little quieter than staying in the center of town but there are convenience stores and places to eat within walking distance. The only negative for me was the bed was hard and springy.

Stayed: September 2015
1  Thank cathy0424
Reviewed 13 August 2015

I stayed at Colours Oasis Resort my last night in Costa Rica with my father. What a breath of fresh air this hotel was compared to the other one we stayed at in San Jose when we first arrived in Costa Rica! The lobby area is done up really nicely, the pool area (although we didn't swim) was clean and decorated in a funky and modern way. There was also upbeat music playing when we arrived.

We got a suite room with a King bed and a couch (in an attached room). The only gripe I would say is beware of the "couch bed" when booking the room. It's not really a fold-out bed, but rather a couch you can lay on. But this was very minor compared with everything else the hotel offered. The bathrooms were very clean, and there are all these little cool sitting areas outside each room. it was raining the night we stayed, but that didn't matter, because even the open-air common areas were covered. So you could be outside and enjoy the common areas without getting rained on!

The breakfast served in the morning was outstanding. They have waitress and all. The coffee bar was open 24/7, and they have a small bar in the hotel that is open until 11:00pm. Also, there are several restaurants within walking distance and the neighborhood felt very safe. I'd definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting San Jose. This was more than just a "stop over" hotel, like the first one we stayed in. I wish we would have stayed at Colours longer.

However, be warned, if you are not LGBT-friendly, then this is not the place for you. It may not be a family place either, as there are posters of nearly naked guys around the lobby. This didn't bother me a bit, and even if you are LGBT-friendly, it may be a little much if you are traveling with young children.

All around an awesome place to stay and I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
8  Thank Cassandra S
Reviewed 10 August 2015

My friend and I stayed here one night between flights to Puerto Jimenez. The hotel is very beautifully decorated. Don't be fooled by the outside! The room was a good size and the bathroom was gorgeous. The pool area is very nice with a great bar area for a nightcap. I wish our stay was longer. The staff is wonderful and provided great customer service. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Maria G
Reviewed 6 August 2015

This is our 2nd stay at this hotel. James, the owner, is super friendly as well as the rest of staff. I felt like we were old friends upon my 2nd stay. The pool is cool and the jacuzzi was warm, all very nice. We had a large downstairs room close to the pool. We stayed here at the hotel as we needed to take care of some business in San Jose before heading to the airport.

Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tony V
Reviewed 20 July 2015

Stayed here for one night. The place is modest, so don't expect like an all inclusive resort experience. For the price, it goes way above expectations. Clean rooms, beautiful pool, decent atmosphere. Shuttle service is a bit expensive, but fine, the driver is nice and the drive is quick from the airport. Hansel at the front desk is gorgeous, and super friendly and helpful (definitely my favorite part of the stay), and breakfast is great. Sweet, simple property, will stay here again for sure!

Room Tip: I stayed downstairs by the pool, and it was fine.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business