All reviews free laundry service queen room per day free calls small hotel rudy jacuzzi sjo
Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Great stop with decent rooms with safe and all inclusive package for about $100 night includes drinks and great food. Walking distance to bars parks mueseums
Great staff from the front deck and bar staff and top notch kitchen staff

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2016

I always have a grand time staying at La Amistad - Great people and tremendous service always. The All-Inclusive package is a must since the food is outstanding. The chefs are 1st class and will accommodate your individual tastes. Housekeeping staff is awesome - wish I had them to help me take care of my home. Again, they take care of everything for you. Front desk and office staff are helpful and accommodating. The transport from La Amistad to Jaco is always an adventure, especially if you ride with Michael. Love this place and the people. Pura Vida.

Room Tip: Gotta do the All-Inclusive.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 August 2016

I stayed another 5 days at Amistad and its always a welcome home away from home. The food is really good, the rooms are pretty clean and I had a few friends from Costa Rica come meet me and have drinks at the bar. The hotel is low key and they do a great job of keeping out people undesirables and are secure in every way. The bartenders are very nice and friendly and the hotel staff are top notch. I will say again, this hotel is what it is.. Its a great location, its a great price...they have toned down the train nearby...The rooms are small depending on what you get there...but who stays in the room ? only to sleep. many of the guests here like me have booked for years and several times of year.

Room Tip: Ask for the all you can eat and drink inclusive..you cant go wrong
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tim S
Reviewed 19 August 2016

Hotel La Amistad is located in Barrio Otoya a couple of blocks from Hospital Calderon Guardia. Next to the hotel is a commuter rail service, in the past this train would blare its horn early morning hours and throughout the day to warn oncoming autos of its presence. The wonderful staff led by Raul and Raphael have solved the issue by hiring a crossing guard and now guests can enjoy a peaceful sunrise. Beware!! I removed my mattress sheets one night and it looked liked a CSI Crime Scene.
The base rooms have adequate space, there are also junior suites w/Jacuzzis and or including saunas. Higher floor there are Penthouses with views of the neighborhood. The 60yrs and over guests that frequent this hotel have been booking for years. Also for an additional $10 per day you can enjoy an all-inclusive food/drink package

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 June 2016

I stayed here because the hotel offered a free. Shuttle coming back from Jaco. So I too k the free shuttle because I didn't want to wait around with my luggage to come back to San Jose. I had one of their regular rooms. It was on the ground floor. They had no windows that opened outside, instead it opened into the hallway near the kitchen. It was a little dirty but realized how dirty it really was when I walked on the floor and it was sticky. There was a safe in the room. The bed was a large queen with memory foam. However the sheets and linen were very rough and worn. It was something akin to 20 dollar motels in Tijuana. Breakfast was actually very good. They had a sheet and you checked off everything you wanted. I got a plate of fruits, pancakes, eggs, and rice and beans. I will never come back here. They do have free wifi. Perhaps only the cheap rooms were very bad.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo