Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$117
eDreamsUS$105
FindHotelUS$139
PricelineUS$117
HurbUS$119
Agoda.comUS$105
1,071 results
All reviews costa rica lobby restaurant national museum last night buffet breakfast floor country
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 August 2020 via mobile

The guys from reception, bar and restaurant were so nice, careful, cool but the room instead... Smell like something too old I'm sure the carpet all over the floor it's the issue, as soon as you got to your floor the hallway not smell good, and some details in the room like the amenities that I consider a five stars hotel should provide to their customers. This was my first time in this hotel and sadly I think it will be the only one.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Rafael Rojas, Owner at Holiday Inn Aurola San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2020

Dear 91angiej

Thank you for your candid review. We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.

Reviewed 2 May 2020

This review is being posted 5 months after my stay because it has taken that long for Holiday Inn Aurola and IHG Group to respond to my complaint – and they still haven’t.
Location: Excellent. Accommodation in Presidential Suite: Very nice!
Customer service: Worst in the world. This property sets a new low standard for IHG Group of Hotels. I requested and paid a late checkout fee, allowing me to stay until 8:00 pm on the day of original checkout because of my late flight. Two days after returning home, I see the Hotel put through a full charge for 1 additional night AFTER checking out, IN ADDITION to the Late Checkout Fee of the actual day I checked out. 5 Months of trying to communicate with the Hotel by phone, email, and through IHG Group Customer Serfice, who AGREED it was an incorrect double charge failed to correct the matter. IHG Customer Service were even lied to by Holiday Inn Aurola administration when they connected directly with the Holiday Inn Aurola, who promised repeatedly the refund was processed, then every time I or IHG followed-up, had a new promise to make and did not deliver. If you read this review and doubt my claim, please read other visitor reviews on this property who also complain about excess charges that don’t get resolved by this hotel. Holiday Inn Aurola seems to be immune to the current terrible situation affecting everyone, but the hospitality industry in particular, as they appear to have no concern about losing reputation and/or future visitors and attempt to over-charge wherever possible. I strongly recommend you avoid this hotel at all costs. San Jose has lots of other properties to enjoy.

Room tip: Another hotel - don't promote this Hotel's policy of overcharging by staying here
Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank maestr060
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Aurola San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2020

Dear maestr060,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have opened an investigation at IHG Corporate regarding this. The hotel is affected by our shortage of staff and the massive amount of requests for cancellations and refunds that we are receiving due to the ongoing pandemic.

This is making processes take way longer than usual and for that, we apologize.

This being said, I have sent you a PM to talk about this more, as I would like to know some more details that would help to clarify what happened. Please do check your message inbox when you have the time!

Thank you for choosing us for your stay, I trust we will fix everything and regain your trust to host you again in the future. I would really love that. Until then, stay safe and healthy!

Alejandro G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 12 March 2020

Check in was reasonably quick considering we were a group of 17 people. Rooms as you would expect for a city hotel, not overlarge, but most things you required, except kettle. Quirky light switches, you had to twiddle them! Breakfast was busy, lots of people use this hotel before onward travel around the country.

Room tip: Higher rooms will get less noise from road and square opposite
1  Thank GillH007_12
RafaRojasM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Aurola San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2020

Dear GillH007_12

Reviewed 11 March 2020

The hotel was fine but had an impersonal feeling. The breakfast was O.K but not great. We had dinner in the bar. The food here was very good with huge helpings. The rooms had no ceiling lights so were dim.

1  Thank 15traveladdict9

Dear 15traveladdict9

Reviewed 29 February 2020

We stayed a night here at the start and finish of our tour. The hotel is very central and has a buffet breakfast which offers a good range of fruit and cereals, hot food and omelette and eggs to order. Piano is played in the evening in the lobby and Mirador restaurant which has good views of the city. A Reasonable unmanned swimming pool on the 3 rd floor and also a sports bar which we didn’t visit. Staff seemed friendly especially and chef making the omelettes. Free wifi and Spanish newspapers in the lobby. A popular hotel for meetings, conventions etc as they have all those facilities. There is a gym but I didn’t use it only the pool. We had a very nice meal in The Mirador restaurant.

Room tip: Ask for a high floor room looking out on the square