Lowest prices for your stay
US$53
Free cancellation until 13/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$52
SAVE US$14
Hotels.comUS$52
eDreamsUS$53
HurbUS$61
All reviews breakfast was buffet style a lot of noise last night of our trip stayed here for two nights convenient location fresh fruit wake up call central market restaurante uber
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 December 2019 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights on the 10th & 19th Dec. For our first night the room we stayed in was Amapola, it was comfortable and pleasant, we literally just needed it for the night as we were setting off early the next day. We arrived in the evening around 7pm, the location is very central so there is a lot of noise from the traffic but this died down around 9-10pm when we were ready to sleep. The staff members were very friendly and pleasant and helped with all the questions we had. The breakfast was buffet style, plentiful and very tasty. My friend drinks coffee and she said of our whole trip the coffee at the Fleur de Lys was the strongest and to her liking. On the last night of our trip we arrived from Monteverde, upon arrival the receptionist said we had been upgraded to a suite! That was a nice surprise and I wondered if it was due to staying before. We stayed in the Lirio room, it was more than double the size of our double room from the first night. It had a walk-in wardrobe with a fridge and safe and a spacious bathroom. This room was street side at the front of the property so unfortunately we got a very early Friday morning wake up call from the rubbish truck which broke our sleep. That night we had a very reasonably priced fine dining experience at 11.47 Restaurante Aranjuez which was £2.50 in an uber. I highly recommend it but there’s only 6 tables so you need to reserve in advance. We were lucky we managed to reserve a table for 8pm at around 4pm that day! The next day we had time to kill before our transfer to the airport. The hotel had secure luggage storage and the member of staff at the front desk kindly broke our larger colones notes into smaller ones which was helpful. So we walked to the San Jose Central Market where we picked up souvenirs much, much, much cheaper then the airport which is ridiculously expensive. There wasn’t anything I didn’t particularly like but I would suggest the rooms have just a little TLC and a bit of an upgrade but still in keeping with its character. The carpet in our suite was ripped in places. The bathroom fixtures, fittings and suite in both rooms could do with some love and upgrading. The tub in our suite was damaged which was a shame as it was a good size and would have been nice to soak in.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank judeg163
Fleur L, Gerente at Hotel Fleur de Lys, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2020

Dear Customer, first at all I would like to thank you for sharing your comments, your perception is very important to us and it is the only way to be able to improve our product. Our location is appreciated by our guests because the most interesting places of san jose are nearby the hotel. It is true that city is noisy and for that reason our receptionists always offer earplugs to customers with the intention to improve sleep quality. The buffet breakfast has traditional options with Costarican dishes and season fruits. I am happy to know you enjoyed our property and I Hope you can visit us again in a near future. Thank you.

Reviewed 6 September 2019 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay on my first night in Costa Rica and decided to book again for my last night before flying home. The hotel has an old fashioned vibe to it and reminded me of European hotels I have stayed in. Staff were very helpful answering questions I had about the area. My room was comfortable and clean. The people upstairs from me were noisy but quietened down at a respectful hour. The shower was a highlight, high pressure and very relaxing after a long travel day. The restaurant next door served me a nice dinner. Breakfast was standard fare and good.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank JustMeAndy
Fleur L, Gerente at Hotel Fleur de Lys, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2019

Dear customer. I am glad to know you felt comfortable in our hotel. Fleur de Lys is a Victorian mansion and our objective is to make guest feel at home. Our bar is appreciated by our customers because it has some Costa Rican and international dishes. Breakfast also has a variety for the different tastes of visitors. Our objective is to make customers happy and we are glad to know we were able to accomplish it. Hope you come back to our hotel when you are in Costa Rica again. Thank you very much.

Reviewed 11 August 2019 via mobile

A pink beautiful victorian mansion, full of comfort and with an amazing old fashioned atmosphere. The rooms are clean and comfortable (ours even had a jacuzzi!). The breakfast is genuine and complete of everything. The staff is nice and helpful, when you check in they offer u a welcome drink in the nice retro bar facing the street.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank fedec80
Fleur L, Gerente at Hotel Fleur de Lys, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2019

Dear guest, I am glad to know you liked the hotel and that you could enjoy our services. The staff´s hotel welcomes our customers with pleasure because we want them to feel welcome, being away from home is not always easy and we try to make your stay in our hotel a warm and enjoyable time. Breakfast is quite valued by our customers as it contains typical and traditional options of our country. Thank you for writing about your experience at the hotel. We hope to have you here again soon. Best regards.

Reviewed 27 July 2019

I was on my way to La Fortuna w/ friends but wanted a few days to tour the capital before heading to the volcano. Couldn’t had picked a better location; great continental breakfast, incredible service, clean rooms, good WiFi, awesome location, very welcoming staff and extremely Safe. The reason I originally choose this place, was because of how close it was to all the landmarks and museums I wanted to visit. I walked around the capital every day from the Hotel, and at night time I simply ordered an Uber and was at the door steps with in minutes. Lots of cameras and security measures. There were lots of tourists staying there too; Swiss, Americans, French, and other fellow Latinos. It made me feel very comfortable knowing that people from all over the world would also choose to go and stay there. Great little bar and restaurant in the house. The whole experience was exceptional and it has to do with how welcoming & safe everybody makes you feel there. I’m coming back in the spring and you bet I will be staying here again.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank amrcorona
Fleur L, Gerente at Hotel Fleur de Lys, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2019

Dear customer, thank you very much for your comments. I am glad to know you enjoyed our property. The location of the hotel is very appreciated by guest because you have the main attractions of San jose just a few steps. Our staff is always open to help visitors, we know that it is not easy to stay in a different place far from home, so one of our principle is to make customers feel welcome. I hope you could enjoy also the rest of your trip in Costa Rica and hope you can come back to our hotel in a near future.

Reviewed 22 June 2019

Loved this place - so much better than those anonymous mega-hotels. The staff was very accommodating, welcoming and friendly; they went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable. The location is excellent - I could literally walk everywhere I wanted to see. I loved the decor and my room was perfect. The free breakfast was a real bonus and made-to-order delicious.

Room tip: I stayed on the 2nd floor.
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Linda F
Fleur L, Gerente at Hotel Fleur de Lys, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2019

Dear Customer, we are so happy to receive your kind comment, since our goal is precisely to make you feel welcome and our greatest desire of all of us is that you feel comfortable and pampered like at home. The location is very appreciated by our guests as you mentioned, because we are at the center of the main attractions of San Jose within few steps. We are very glad you like the courtesy breakfast in which we put a lot of care to be nutritious in a nice ambience to provide right energy load for a great day.We will be very glad to welcome and provide you a memorable experience again soon.