“Great service and food...”

La Terrasse French Cuisine
Ranked #1 of 709 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$40 - US$55
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The restaurant La Terrasse French Cuisine is a concept of table d'hôtes of 12 covers. A private and personalized restaurant that offers you a unique experience to share with generosity the French gastronomy. An elegant place, chic ventage and romantic. The conviviality in the restaurant La Terrasse constitutes a tradition. The chef Patricia Richer receives you in a house of 1925 from Tuesday to Saturday with reservation and will have the pleasure to share with her clients a creative and contemporary French cuisine realized around organic products and the season.
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

We arrived rather early for our 7pm reservation but were shown to our table with a warm welcome. After choosing a nice bottle of French wine the pate and pear and Stilton starters were delivered, both of which were excellent. The lamb shank and also the beef bourguignon were super tender and flavorful. Rather too full for desert we realized we had not read the obvious reminder on our email confirmation that only cash was accepted. So while I left my wife as deposit, I walked the 400 meters to the nearest ATM at the local hospital, returned with the necessary cash and the host was kind enough to return my wife to me, given it was our anniversary...

We settled the bill and unfortunately missed the lovely selection of deserts which included a crumble, which is rarely seen in Costa Rica, with a plan to return again.

The parting gift of a macaroon was gorgeous and would happily haven taken more but perhaps this isn't the type of place which allows a carry out.

Overall just excellent...give it a try.

2  Thank Peter M

Reviewed 14 July 2017

Patricia and Gerald will give you the ultimate french dining experience. This is the closest thing to visiting someone you love and having them cook for you while in the middle of a friendly conversation...

Loved it, will definitely be back soon.

1  Thank allanrojas
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

We love everything about this place: the unique setup, the atmosphere, the food and especially the service. Felt as if we were invited into the Chef's own home

1  Thank ladybmw
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

For those that know me, I love food.....I love excellent food and La Terrasse really exceeded my already high expectations.
If attending with friends, the best recommendation is to choose several plates and share. This is the best way to enjoy the excellent variety of dishes prepared superbly by chef Patricia.
And if this wasn't enough, you feel at home, well, in fact it is their home....
Beware, not recommended for "picky" people, definitely attend if you love to have a good time and have good taste.

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Very good food, very good environment, chef patricia cooks amazing and husband is a nice entertaining love it!

2  Thank Rodrigo C