“A great way to spend your day!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Costa Rica Fun Adventures
Ranked #50 of 138 things to do in San Jose
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

I rather enjoyed the boat ride down the River where we saw howler monkeys various birds and crocodiles then the horseback riding through the rainforest was amazing as well as the food was excellent! I highly recommend this activity!

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"cr"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 29 August 2016

My co-worker and I did this trip on a day off while in San Jose. I liked that transportation from the hotel was included. The departure time was good, 1030, rather than some other tours at 600! but as other reviewers mentioned, it can be long day if traffic on the port road with all the trucks is bad. We got back around 7pm. Jorge and Chino (boat/zip) were great. Very informative and Jorge had a great attitude even though he had to do tour in english and spanish as the group in the van was bi-lingual. There were only about 10 people in the van so it wasnt super crowded. You stop at a fruit stand on way up to stretch, use bano, and buy fruits/etc if you want. The river cruise was cool, gigantic crocodiles! also saw monkeys and even a toucan when we were leaving! Zip lining was neat but the ladders are tall and in the humidity I was tired at the end ! Food was good and people were super friendly. Celebrated zip line with a cold Imperial :) Overall a good trip if you have some down time in San Jose and want to get into the jungle without a 3 hour ride to Manuel Antonio or Monteverde. true its not same but was still fun!

Reviewed 21 August 2016

It is an established tour, kind of made up, but indeed provides good service and let you enjoy nature and see few animals.

Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

With a few changes this would really be a much better tour. Tour bus picks up passengers at various hotels is what happens and it is a bad idea. Have people meet your bus at a SPECIFIC time so the tour stays on time not an hour and a half late. Not a whole lot to see on the @2 hour ride so be prepared. The boat ride was a bit more interesting with a couple of crocs being spotted and some sleepy monkeys. Zipline crew was great and made the tour in my mind. They were competent and kept everyone properly attached to safety lines at all times. My 7 year old son had no problems other than some trepidation halfway thru climbing the second(longest) ladder. He wasn't quite heavy enough to complete some the lines solo and one of the crew would go with him. You can tip them and I definitely did.It was not super hot but the climbing and ziplining could be tough for older people or those not in decent shape. Horseback riding was offered in the tour package I booked and there were horses there but riding was not an option(maybe it is offered in high season ?). They do have a small area where you can see some butterflies and frogs and a few snakes but it seems almost an afterthought or a hook to get a few more people interested in the tour. The meal provided was much better than some previous reviews have stated and was not short in quanity. Chicken was the protein and the other veggie and pasta dishes were really fresh and tasty especially considering the location. The rain for the entire boat ride back was not the tours fault; but the lack of a side curtain on one side of the boat was their responsibility and half the tour(including myself, son, daughter and friend)had to sit in seats that collected water while also getting a steady blast of rain constantly. We all had proper coats but from the waist down were soaking. The bus driver was very competent and the bus was fine. The guide, while generally friendly, was not overly knowledgeable and was usually trying to hurry the guests along. This may be understandable due to the pick up and drop off procedure of the tour, which probably add 2-3 hours all told depending on when you are picked up and dropped. Bus ride back was in the dark, guide slept, along with most passengers. We were dropped (with my approval) at a Supermarkert and Uber'd back due to not wanting to ride around for at least an hour or more while other passengers were dropped. If pickup and dropoff procedure was scrapped and a firm time for starting the tour was established, it qould be a shorter and better tour in all repects. Barring that change, I would not really recommend the tour.

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 July 2016

Actual tour was called Sarapiqui River Adventure and Canopy Tour offered by Gray Line Tours when I booked it. All in all it was a long day but the tour made good on all it promised. The guide, Jorge was knowledgeable and I thought funny. My wife felt he was a little sarcastic and short at times but I didn't really take it that way. I was ok with a late 10:45am pick up but it made for a long day. Long but scenic drive made longer by heavy traffic. Boat trip down the river was great, saw crocodiles, monkeys, bats, large turtles and a variety of birds and really cool lizards that could run on top of water (emerald bascules?). Got to zipline site and because of impending rain were told we would lunch after zip lining (would have meant 3 or 4 pm lunch. Heavy thunderstorms started while gearing up so we lunched first instead (very good plan, we needed the fuel!). Rain finally stopped and we had a great time zip lining through the trees. There are several high ladders and a long suspension bridge but you're clipped to a cable the whole time and simply cannot fall more that a foot. It was physically demanding and we got back to our San Jose hotel almost 9pm but a big reason for the delay , late return was the weather. It took way overtime but Jorge and crew delivered on all promised activities. Extreme weather on drive back, Gray Line driver was excellent in extreme conditions. Yes, I recommend with the reminder that this is Costa Rica, not Disneyland and this truly was an adventure. Wife and I are both seniors 55-60 but fairly fit. Need to have ability to climb tall (50') ladders and yell like Tarzan.