“Safety First!”

Add it.
Costa Rica Fun Adventures
Ranked #50 of 138 things to do in San Jose
Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

Traveling with our grown daughter and her husband, hoping to encourage her sleeping adventurer, this was perfect. She's afraid of heights (I'm not super great with them, either!), but the zip lining crew helped us over our fears, as well as a couple of New Yorkers who felt the same way. You start with a bus ride to a stop along the river, where you're treated to fresh local fruit before you board. On the way up river, you see monkeys, crocodiles huge lizards, turtles, bats, etc. on the far end, you have a choice of activities, including hiking, horseback riding, or zip lining through the canopies. Plus a really good local food lunch.

As we put on our equipment, it started to POUR rain, with lightning and ear splitting thunder, so our guides, who kept checking the radar, insisted we eat first and let the cell pass by, which it did. Safety first they said, and despite some reservations, their kind encouragement sent us up into the canopies and through a series of ten zip lines.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"cr"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 10 May 2016

We booked this tour last minute because our reservations for a waterfall tour with another company got cancelled due to not being able to find transportation for us. And I am glad that tour got cancelled and we did a tour with Costa Rica Fun Adventures. We did the Canopy and Safari boat adventure and we had soooo much fun!!! Freddie picked us up and he was our tour guide for the day. He was so informative and passionate about his country and his job. He showed/told us soooo many things about Costa Rica on the way to pick other passengers up from their hotels and on our way to Sarapiqui. He made me feel like he loves what he does and that made me want to interact more with him the whole day! The lunch that they provided for us was delicious and home cooked!!! I must say that I wasn't ready for the zip line. We had no idea that it would be a work out. But it was so much fun at the same time! Even my friends who work out on a regular were sweating and out of breath. But in the end you love it!! Plus the guys who took us through the zip line were funny and fun to be around! Thank you so much for everyone who was a part of this tour you made our day and my birthday weekend a blast!!!

Reviewed 17 February 2016

The wildlife is so beautiful. You will see Monkey, Crocodiles, Various Species of Birds. Always wave to the River People sitting along the shore line. Lunch is served in a River Front Cafe. The food is great and the cook are very interesting. Just sit back and enjoy the native people. The Guides are very knowledgable

Reviewed 31 December 2015

Of all the tours I took from Gray Line, this was the best. The pick up time was quick, late start at hotel and had the best tour guide and most hospitable Family based Canopy Tour.

So the adventure starts at Sarapiqui river boat trip, watching for animals and reptiles along the way. This is rain forest so expect it to rain all the time. So it did in ours too. We saw howler monkeys, a big iguana and a crocodile. Many birds also. The boat ride was fun and the staff were excellent.

The best part of the tour was the zip line over canopies in the private farm run by a family. The guys handling the zip line hook-up, launch etc were the best. They were strong, flexible, took every safety step along the way and the line itself is more fun. The other zip line tour we did was 6-in-1 at Rain Forest adventures - that had double line and overall looked more safer. However in Rain Forest Adventures the staff did not take all precautions these guys here took, so on the whole I give full marks to this place and credit for good facility to Rain Forest Adventures. This one was more fun because you have to control the stopping. The 6-in-1 looked elementary after having done this trip first. You have to climb steep ladders and this one is much more rigorous for those seeking extra bit of adrenaline rush. The 6-in-1 will not do the "superman" one they call adrenaline or whatever - rather sit through the line just like all others. This one was really far superior in my experience considering they don't advertise "superman" and not give it like 6-in-1..

Now the best part. The lunch is cooked by the family there and was so home-cooked. Delicious, though not many varieties. It is the intention and the genuine service minded they were is what scores all five stars. In contrast the Rain Forest Adventure (the other site) looked way too commercial. Out here, you can also go on horse back ride f you wish. I highly recommend this Zip Line for everyone. Have fun!

We did this on Dec 25. The staff was so cooperative even on the biggest holiday of the year for them. Thanks to all the staff! And as you might expect, I tipped them big on this trip.

1  Thank Murali R