Review Highlights
Great Day Trip from San Jose CR

This day trip starts at one of the volcanos towering over San Jose, takes you by a coffee... read more

Reviewed 14 March 2017
PHTSam
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
"Pura Vida"

First I would like to say that 1 week in Costa Rica is not enough, make sure that when you are... read more

Reviewed 13 November 2016

from US$131.00
from US$699.00
from US$1,358.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 December 2015

Of all the tours I took from Gray Line, this was the best. The pick up time was quick, late start at hotel and had the best tour guide and most hospitable Family based Canopy Tour.

So the adventure starts at Sarapiqui river boat trip, watching for animals and reptiles along the way. This is rain forest so expect it to rain all the time. So it did in ours too. We saw howler monkeys, a big iguana and a crocodile. Many birds also. The boat ride was fun and the staff were excellent.

The best part of the tour was the zip line over canopies in the private farm run by a family. The guys handling the zip line hook-up, launch etc were the best. They were strong, flexible, took every safety step along the way and the line itself is more fun. The other zip line tour we did was 6-in-1 at Rain Forest adventures - that had double line and overall looked more safer. However in Rain Forest Adventures the staff did not take all precautions these guys here took, so on the whole I give full marks to this place and credit for good facility to Rain Forest Adventures. This one was more fun because you have to control the stopping. The 6-in-1 looked elementary after having done this trip first. You have to climb steep ladders and this one is much more rigorous for those seeking extra bit of adrenaline rush. The 6-in-1 will not do the "superman" one they call adrenaline or whatever - rather sit through the line just like all others. This one was really far superior in my experience considering they don't advertise "superman" and not give it like 6-in-1..

Now the best part. The lunch is cooked by the family there and was so home-cooked. Delicious, though not many varieties. It is the intention and the genuine service minded they were is what scores all five stars. In contrast the Rain Forest Adventure (the other site) looked way too commercial. Out here, you can also go on horse back ride f you wish. I highly recommend this Zip Line for everyone. Have fun!

We did this on Dec 25. The staff was so cooperative even on the biggest holiday of the year for them. Thanks to all the staff! And as you might expect, I tipped them big on this trip.

Date of experience: December 2015
1  Thank Murali R
Reviewed 7 December 2015

Picked up promptly in a nice clean mini bus. Introduced to other passengers. Guide was really helpful in explaining everything to me - I was the only English speaker on today's tour. Saying that we all got on great. Did the big combo tour. It's well paced and a really packed fun day. Saw lots of wildlife in the wild on the boat trip. It was great.

Date of experience: December 2015
Reviewed 20 November 2015

We were taking with some employeers and we discovered that they don't get an average salary because they live in a poor town!! Also the employeers can not eat meet wow so stingy!!

Date of experience: August 2015
Reviewed 8 October 2015

We took the river adventure to Poas Volcano. The tour took us to a coffee plantation for breakfast, then to the volcano, then we took a boat ride to another location where we could zip line for an extra $30.00. The guide was very friendly and full of information. He kept the tour moving and let us stop at a waterfall to take some group pictures. Overall the day was great the highlight being the zip line. It was a 15 platform tour that took about two hours. The guys with us were great and got some great pictures of us in action. I would recommend this for anyone looking to see as much as possible in a short time!

Date of experience: September 2015
1  Thank Keylasmom136
Reviewed 5 September 2015

Not really sure what to rate my tour. We took the Sarapiqui River Sightseeing Cruise & Zipline Canopy Tour from San Jose. Van ride nice. Our guide Jorge pointed out a couple of things along the way but seemed more interested in talking Spanish to a young lady. Boat ride was interesting, we saw crocodiles, howler monkeys and a large iguana. When we got to the Zip-line we were informed that we didn't have a choice in whether we walked or rode a horse. That was in the web site. Harnessed up we then went to zip line. To get to the platform we had to climb up a very tall ladder. We were then told that the second was even taller. I am 71 and made it up the first one just barely, so I knew that I would never make the second one. The gentlemen at the platforms were so nice and understanding and sent for horses to send myself and daughter back to where we were to have lunch. Lunch was good and tasty. Our guide was asleep,but then told us to hurry up and eat. On the way back in the van, he told my daughter and I to "Go to sleep and not bother the driver"! We had not spoken to the driver all day. Maybe, this was an off day for the guide, or for us, but its not a tour I would recommend.

Date of experience: August 2015