“Great vegan option!”

Mantras Veggie Cafe and Tea House
Ranked #2 of 19 Dessert in San Jose
Price range: US$8 - US$11
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Beauty and health come from within, at MANTRAS, we are making this a possibility. We have RAW, ORGANIC, VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, GLUTEN, DAIRY & SUGAR FREE options that are DELICIOUS on your soul!! The active enzymes that our food provides your body will allow it to always be at its prime level of energy, health and beauty. We support serving organically local fruits and vegetables using natural ingredients specializing in a diverse menu. We do natural cold press juicing, smoothies, kombucha and fermented foods. . We work with small producers and venders supporting our local economy. We have outdoor and indoor seating, take large groups with or without reservation.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I had breakfast there with my sister who is vegan and we both loved it! We tried the huevos rancheros and mexican tostada, both delicious and generous portions, we could had done it with just one meal. Plus each dish came with the option of gallo pinto or fruits. And they have a 2x1 during breakfast (they apply a set discount regardless of what you orden, which doesn’t really limit you to get 2 of the same or a lower priced dish). Also, for those with pets, the people next to us had their puppy, so I guess pets are allowed.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

I took my girlfriend to this restaurant before and we really enjoyed the food. Tonight we ordered the Mexican wrap to share. When we got the wrap, the fries it came with was ice cold and the soup was barely warm. We told the waiter that our fries was cold so he took it back. We were obviously expecting freshly cooked fries along with the customery apology. Instead we received the EXACT SAME FRIES that were refried and dark brown that TASTED DISGUSTING!!!!! (our waiter never uttered a word). We had a bit of the soup, which was now almost cold and ate the wrap which was actually very good. We have eaten here several times before. But now, i would advise people to go eat here at your own discretion. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! Mantras, you have lost our respect and the respect of our many friends who frequent your "restaurant". You have lost our loyalty. We will not eat there again, gross!!! This 3rd world behaviour is unacceptable. Your new mantra should be "Que asco!" I would give you a minus one star. But you get a one star because we enjoyed your food in the past.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

Enjoyed lunch on the back terrace which is quite pleasant surrounded by plants and lots of fresh air.

The portions are quite large and filling. It was difficult to choose from all the veg options. Overall the food was tasty.

Next time I will pass on the fresh juice as it was green but tasted like water.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

I find it so frustrating when a restaurant advertises itself a 'vegan' and then they serve you food that has cheese -_____-

Reviewed 11 July 2018

Really great, fresh food. Creative cuisine. I highly recommend the bowls. Friendly staff, even when I had an issue of them not putting cream into my drink as stated on the menu, they dealt with it nicely (I had to prod a bit and not give up, but response was fine). Drink would be boring and overpriced without the cream.