All reviewsbed dormmovie roomgreat facilitiesprivate roomone nightwould stay here againcosta ricahostelpanama
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Selina is a really cool place to meet friendly people, there are many places to stay and enjoy your time. The employees are great and can help you with everything you need. I want to say a special thank you to Pablo Ramirez for helping me out during my stay! He was extremely enthusiastic, social, professional and helpful! He would do his best to accommodate the clients and made sure that everyone was pleased with their stay! 5 stars for the service!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
OTA S, Public Relations Manager at Selina San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Dear Shanelle
Thank you very much for your comments, we appreciate Pablo´s mention because indeed as you say, he is very nice and helpful. We hope in a near future welcome you again in Selina San José so you can feel as part of the family again.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

The least one can expect when paying 40$ for a private bedroom is to have a clean and functional shower ... which we didn't have. Sleeping in the standard private bedroom was like being in a match box. Also, although the bar is nice and cosy, they didn't have 50% of the food on the menu. Definitely do not recommend the private bedroom with shared bathroom.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
OTA S, Public Relations Manager at Selina San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Dear Camila
Thank you very much for your feedback. We understand your concerns about the shower and will make it work for sure. As for the food you asked at the Playground, last week we were changing the menu with different ingredients and suppliers, for this reason, we were out of some products. At the moment we have a fully charged and operational menu. We will hope to see you again so you can try it and have a nice experience.

Reviewed 20 July 2018

I booked this over the internet and did not know its main business was a hostal. However, they also have private rooms, which I had booked. The standard room is very small, though modern, but I traveled with 4 pets, cats and a dog. By day 2 I had to have a larger room. They have suites, which are wonderful and reasonably priced for what you get. The suite is large, there ate 2 desks, large bathroom, king sized bed, wooden floors, room to hang you clothes and 2 large shelves. Also has a seating area to eat and a coffee pot. I am so much happier with this room! They are smart for offering multiple options for travelers. This is my first hostal environment and I find it nice to be surrounded by nice young people. They have a restaurant, games, a large kitchen if you want to cook with all supplies and is cleaned daily. It's located in the heart of the city. I'm happy with my stay.
My negative is that the check in is extremely slow.

Room Tip: Standard room is very small, get a suite if you can afford it.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
OTA S, Public Relations Manager at Selina San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear Dolly
Thank you very much for your positive feedback, we are extremely happy you had a nice time in Selina San José and mostly that the staff offers you the experience you need it for you and your pets. You are more than welcome to stay again with us!

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Loved the stay here! First and most importantly because of the amazing stuff that have helped me with everything i needed- daniela quesada, milena and maria you are the best!!
There are also many bathrooms and showers with hot water and the space here is really nice :)

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
OTA S, Public Relations Manager at Selina San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear, Thank you very much for your feedback. We will let the girls know you remembered and we hope to see you again so you can enjoy Selina San José as the first time. Best

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful experience staff was super helpful and the room was very clean. The place is full of creativity and centraly located to all the museums. The staff really helped us out and helping us organize how to get to places and the drinks and food were amazing. Highly recommend staying their even if you have children as we are traveling with our 11 year old daughter and well suited for families. This is not your typical hostal. The live music was amazing from the different local artist. We also used the co work office for six people for a business meeting and was a very clean and came with a projector. If you need a place to hold meetings or use for work highly recommend using the selina co work offices as they are very professional with great atmosphere and great vibes.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
OTA S, Public Relations Manager at Selina San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear Devon!
Thank you very much for your feedback we highly appreciate your comments and happiness towards the service provided at Selina San José, the food and the facilities. We will more than happy to welcome you again!