3 people are viewing this hotel
US$120
Free cancellation until 16/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Expedia.comUS$107
FindHotelUS$107
PricelineUS$120
1,773 results
All reviews double tree close to the airport warm cookies costa rica the executive lounge a small grocery store open air pool area nice hotel beautiful property breakfast buffet tour desk hot tub international airport rooms are spacious restaurant staff nice pool
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 November 2020

We booked an executive room with balcony breakfast including. To our surprise a continental was offered A big shame as we have to pay an additional 10 $ to get two fried eggs. Additional to this we had to pay extra for an espresso Coffee. WTF is this the new way by Hilton to rip of customers????? SHAME ON YOU!!!!

Date of stay: November 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Charmaroti
Gerencia General, Director General at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose - Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2020

Dear Charmaroti, thank you very much for your comments, it helps us to improve day by day.
The DoubleTree by Hilton is offering a complete breakfast every morning on the rate with various options like tropical fruits, eggs station, sausage, bacon, breads, and much more.
We are working hard to keep offering a greater experience to our customers everyday.

Kind regards

Reviewed 23 August 2020 via mobile

Excellent choice for a hotel near the airport that doesn’t make you feel like you’re at an airport hotel. The room interiors are a little dated but it is very clean and comfortable. Nice pool area and restaurant! Rooms with a balcony over the pool are nice! If you have executive club access it is a plus and you can enjoy a nice lounge area for breakfast and happy hour.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2020 via mobile

I had a few days off and decided to stay at the Doubletree Cariari by Hilton.
I'm a big fan of their 2x1 breakfasts, and usually visit once a month, plus the Christmas and new years dinners they organize yearly.

As a woman visiting on my own and in light of recent events in Costa Rica with a few hotels, I felt incredibly safe here. I saw familiar faces in the staff which made me feel even more comfortable.

The hotel might be a bit old and classic, but to be honest, the service is always so good, and they're so kind every time that I can really let go the architecture and infrastructure.

Mr. Salvador, Edwin, Don Orlando, Esteban and Ramón are amazing,and I'm very happy to see them still working considering how rough covid has hit our tourism! Please keep them forever!

Food was amazing as always, although I would definitely recommend to forgo the tomato sauce in the quesadilla. Natural is better.

Due to covid the hotel didn't have its usual buffet breakfast, but a la carte menu was very good too!

All in all, I feel very comfortable and happy with the few days I stayed, and would definitely recommend it if you are going with family or solo, and just want to get some rest.

The gym is also open, so don't be like me. Take your running shoes and get some exercise!

Suggestions: after covid it would be nice to have a mini fridge. I personally like to go out and buy snacks and stuff, and sometimes I need the fridge. Right now it would be too expensive for the business, but eventually that'd be nice ☺️

I hope locals and foreigners visit again soon, take all the precautions necessary (which the hotel is doing!) and enjoy their stay the same way I did.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Ccossio23
Reviewed 27 June 2020 via mobile

I stayed for a weekend in this hotel, I was really impressed by the security and cleaning protocols regarding coronavirus that every member of the hotel were following, and even kindly reminding us to follow.
We felt as home, the food (breackfast and dinner) and the ammenities were awesome (pool and gym) and my kids had a blast!
My recognition to Jose, Esteban and Vivian in the restaurant,Amanda in the front desk and a misterious person that attended my daughter late at night, that prepared her an amazing plate of cheese sandwich when she was only asking to heat the sandwich we made at the room.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
DTCariari, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose - Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2020

Dear ernestod952,
Thank you for your review of your stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari San José. The safety and security of our guests and team members remains our highest priority, as the situation around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we are doing everything we can to ensure our guests travel safety and we take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. We appreciate your understanding that your stay experience looked different during this time, as well I am happy to know you and your kids enjoyed our facilities and the Team Members contributed to your enjoyment. We believe it is in challenging times like these that the power of hospitality is needed most of all. Thank you for staying with us again and hope if you return to San Jose visit us for one more time.

Reviewed 14 April 2020

We stayed here for 12 days after a touring holiday of Costa Rica due to several flight cancellations due to the coronavirus. From the moment we arrived at the hotel after a very stressful few hours at the airport the manager greeted us and asked if there was anything they could do to help to let them know which was lovely. Everyday the staff checked in on us with their friendly smiles which really helped us deal with a very difficult time of not knowing if and when we were getting home. We were very impressed with the way the hotel dealt with the virus - cleaning was constant around the hotel and hand sanitiser everywhere. The rooms are lovely we had 3 different ones during our visit. The restaurant is excellent and the breakfast is very good - very big portions. Great facilities we were able to use the pool for a few days before it had to be closed and there is a real tropical feel to the place even though you are in a city. It is ideally situated near the airport and also there is a supermarket and restaurants a few meters away. We hope to go back sometime in better circumstances.

Date of stay: March 2020
DTCariari, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose - Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2020

Dear Shirley, thank you for your review of your stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari San José. The safety and security of our guests and team members remains our highest priority, as the situation around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we are doing everything we can to ensure our guests travel safety and we take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. We appreciate your understanding that your stay experience looked different during this time, as well I am happy to know you enjoyed our facilities and the Team Members welcomed you with the smile we are characterized. We believe it is in challenging times like these that the power of hospitality is needed most of all. Thank you for staying with us again and hope if you return to San Jose visit us for one more time.