“Great cantonese food but very expensive”
Review of La Flor de Loto

La Flor de Loto
Ranked #23 of 756 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

A friend recommended the place as great and it was but the price was just too high for what it is; Chinese food. I paid 20 dollars for a one person meal that included fried rice, egg rolls and a soda.

Reviewed 28 July 2016

We dined here several times. Very varied menu, typical asian/Chinese food. They catered to my wish for simply broth with greens on one day not on the menu, so thumbs up for that. Bit pricey but next to several hotels so understandable. Very good service. They do take away.

Reviewed 29 June 2016

We were a group of 14, seated at 2 round tables pushed together. We had reserved well in advance. Some of the place settings did not have room for a chair. Only the one table were given menus. They have 3 different menus, our table only got the small lunch specials version, after having to ask. A waiter brought 3 glasses of water, and placed them on the lazy susan, for our table of 8. My chicken and vegetable dish was served without rice. I had to ask, and was charged for a dish of what seemed to be a version of rice pilaf. No vegetables, and no sign of frying. I get much better Chinese food in a little typical place at home, for half the price. Very disappointing. The restaurant was very attractive, so we had high hopes.

Reviewed 22 May 2016

I go to this restaurant very often. They are open on Sundays night, that´s why I visited them often. The service is average, the food is good and it has parking in front. Nothing to live and get die.

Reviewed 5 May 2016

This is not the original chinese food as you find in China, but it is the best costarrican version of the chinese food. The cantonese rice is the best there is, as well as the breaded chicken with vegetables in salsa de ostión, pollo agridulce, egg rolls, beef with broccoli, fried wantan, etc. (those are some of my favorite dishes). Ideal to go with family, the service is very good.

1  Thank Melissa B