“Music and Drinks”

Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Spanish, International
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
Description: The Zambra lobby bar provides the perfect place to relax, featuring martinis, cocktails, sangria and a light tapas menu with live music.
Reviewed 26 July 2018

This is a friendly travelers' bar where people strike up conversations and share travel notes. There is a live band and singer which adds to the fun.

Dear client,

We´re glad that you enjoyed the experience of Zambra. Thanks for sharing your comments, your opinion it´s very important for us. Hope your visit as soon.

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

I have been coming to the San Jose area for work about 4 times a month. I make it a point to come here every evening. The ambience is phenomenal, they have live music every evening. Jonathan behind the bar is great, always greats you with a warm attitude and makes killer traditional cocktails or local recommendations. If you decide to sit by the tables with a larger party Marianela will be guiding your experience. You can choose dishes from the Zambia menu or request the larger menu from one of the restaurants, there is a variety to choose from.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Sambra has a great group of bartenders and service people, Ana is a great waitress, I have been there many times, at 6 there is pleasant music, and the crowd is fun, great place for a good Martini, shaken, not stirred, you may order food from the various restaurants and relax at Zambra, located in the lobby of the Intercontinental Hotel in San Jose, it is alway fun, with lots of people, but relaxing.

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

I'm here accompanying my husband on a business trip and spend as much time soaking up the sun by the pool as I can. I cannot compliment the wait staff highly enough! Marianela has waited on me with a bright smile and excellent English every day by the pool. The drinks are fair priced and delicious! Being the rainy season, I have retreated to quiet alcoves to wait out the rain while sipping yummy cocktails. Marianela always finds me and continues excellent bar service until it is sunny enough to return to the beautiful pool. The food portions are large and the sandwiches are delicious! Zambra Bar is a gem. Kudos to staff!

Ricardo M, Gerente at Bar Zambra, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear customer,

It´s a pleasure to know that you enjoy the visit at Zambra Bar. Thanks for sharing your comments with us. We are happy that you like the service received.
Hope your visit as soon.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

I'm currently staying at the Intercontinental hotel, which houses Bar Zambra. I'm here for work, so not much time for sight seeing. I went down in the evening to get a bite to eat and have a quiet drink.

Well, it was anything but quiet. Man, this place was hopping! Apparently there was a large convention happening in the hotel, and as it let out for the day, everyone decided to have a drink, so there was standing room only. Even with as busy as it was, Randall and Ana both took exquisite care of me. I never had to repeat an order, and I honestly didn't wait too long for drink refills. (I did wait a bit, but that's understandable with how busy it was)

Even though it was busy, and not what I was looking for, the atmosphere was very happy, I made new friends, and it ended up being a wonderful night.

Ricardo M, Gerente at Bar Zambra, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear S D,

Thanks for sharing your comments with us. We feel very happy that you liked the service of Zambra. Your visit is very important for us.
We hope your visit as soon