“Lunch”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2018

Really, amazing food ? It used to look like an upgraded McDonald's. Now it looks like a modern bar, really did a nice work on the decor. It has a very appealing bar, and outside covered terrace, nice furniture, lots of flat screens, definitively a place you will feel comfortable while watching a sports event or hanging out with friends, now the food. Overprices as the whole Avenida Escazu is, the main burger is about $16, the price of a burger in a signature Hotel. I ordered the fries-less sliders, angus beef, not sure, even though the local grass fed beef is way better than imported angus, (Although is hard to get a high percentage of fat) Portobello mushrooms ? Not sure, but the local white button mushrooms are also way better, the aioli, more like a salad dressing, The bun was not so bad but also a bit fat and dense, to make the slider look bigger. Not a fan the patty was completely unseasoned, and when you try to add salt, pepper and ketchup to a slider, is not a good experience. I would for sure go to have a few drinks, although, the local beer at $4 is rather expensive, the locals are not accustomed to pay more than $2.50, but the ambiance is nice. Also, make surer that Ruben is your bartender, he really changed my experience trying to feel comfortable.

adrianvega, Owner at Hamburguesia, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you so much for your feedback! We hope to see you around soon :)

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Excellent service, reasonable prices, good portions, I had the create your own burger, choose from meat you want all the way down to bread, had 1/2 lb.Angus meat with with various toppings, so good. Surroundings very clean and great for family.

adrianvega, Owner at Hamburguesia, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you so much for your feedback! Hope to see you around soon :)

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Great dining experience for the whole family. A taste of American cuisine with a Costa Rican flair. Prices are reasonable and the beer is icey cold.

adrianvega, Owner at Hamburguesia, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you so much for your feedback! We hope to see you around soon :)

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

I get wings every visit they know me very well always bend over backwards for me they know the deal Americans want service and want it instant.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

I am staying in the escazu area I visit this area at least every other week for business, I decided to visit this place, as a result a horrible service, waited 35 minutes for a burger with sweet potatoes fries, 35 minutes later my cold (not warm) cold burguer arrived with regular fries, the waiter left and I had to call him to request the potato error, then I made the first bite, wasn’t a nice bread and cold, I thought well the meat could be hot, nope that burguer was ready maybe for at least 10 minutes before, but the waiter was not professional at all, I had to step out of my table and approach him with the complain ( I speak Spanish ), he says ok and 5 minutes later he continues with a table with a tab divided in 5 at least.

Finally I decided to ask if he has already request for my burguer, but he did not, he was too busy for me, the thing is that I was hungry so I Paid my beer and leave.

Now I am having a nice meal at (la diving comida) a very good place with very professional service...

Being here several times ...