“Dinner time”
Review of Gallo Rojo

Gallo Rojo
Ranked #19 of 194 Restaurants in Escazu
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Such a nice place and the food is awesome. You pay for what you get. The service and decor was comfy and the food delicious. My chef dad is quite difficult to have a good meal and he did liked this place. No complain at all.
Need to try it! After this dinner I have been there for takeout and the quality is the same. Love this food and the portions are perfect.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 7 September 2018

Loved the full coarse lunch, perfect for a quick bite. Great variety and a cool location. Will be back for sure!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

From the outside the place has a strange look, but it’s one of the meals I’ve had in a while. The menu has a very unusual mix of local, Asian, and Peruvian foods. We had some Vietnamese-inspired dishes that were wonderful. The octopus starter (Japanese, I believe) was also fantastic. It’s not the cheapest, but it’s a great place to try something new.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Very nice family lunch time!
The Asian Burger was very very good ! It went beyond my expectations!
The Ramen food was very good as well

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 1 April 2018

I've driven by this place 100x as I live in Escazu, but never knew what kind of restaurant it is. Perhaps living in CR too long I assumed by the name and logo that it was typical Costa Rican food with a twist. It's made even more confusing by the "Gastronmia Urbana" tag line and then the big red painting near the entrance that says 'Street Food'. I really had zero idea what kind of place this was until I went last week.

Turns out it's a really nice Asian restaurant with a very nice new, high end feel to it. The first floor has a little bar area with the main seating on the second floor. Service was good and the food was better, and the prices were pretty decent for San Jose. Now that I know what it is I'd go back when you feel like a decent, light Asian meal.

Date of visit: March 2018