“Good lunch”
Review of Gallo Rojo

Gallo Rojo
Ranked #18 of 190 Restaurants in Escazu
Reviewed 7 September 2018

Loved the full coarse lunch, perfect for a quick bite. Great variety and a cool location. Will be back for sure!

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

From the outside the place has a strange look, but it’s one of the meals I’ve had in a while. The menu has a very unusual mix of local, Asian, and Peruvian foods. We had some Vietnamese-inspired dishes that were wonderful. The octopus starter (Japanese, I believe) was also fantastic. It’s not the cheapest, but it’s a great place to try something new.

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Very nice family lunch time!
The Asian Burger was very very good ! It went beyond my expectations!
The Ramen food was very good as well

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I've driven by this place 100x as I live in Escazu, but never knew what kind of restaurant it is. Perhaps living in CR too long I assumed by the name and logo that it was typical Costa Rican food with a twist. It's made even more confusing by the "Gastronmia Urbana" tag line and then the big red painting near the entrance that says 'Street Food'. I really had zero idea what kind of place this was until I went last week.

Turns out it's a really nice Asian restaurant with a very nice new, high end feel to it. The first floor has a little bar area with the main seating on the second floor. Service was good and the food was better, and the prices were pretty decent for San Jose. Now that I know what it is I'd go back when you feel like a decent, light Asian meal.

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Wondering around Escazu to find a good ramen soup and Gallo Rojo showed up as recommended. Not a mistake, very fresh, great flavor, neat place and good customer service. The gyosas were also delicious! Best ones we have tried around so far. Definitely coming back to try more from the menu.