“nice”
Review of Las Tapas de Manuel - CLOSED

Las Tapas de Manuel
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Its price for the "tapas". If you are really hungry i dont recomend it.
Its more for a nice sangria, and some tapas.
tapas are like entrees for diferent dishes, they are good, but for a guy I think its not enought

Reviewed 6 August 2012

This place is OK for a quick lunch given the location. But like most "Tapas" the food is deep fried or microwaved and there's not much effort to disguise that fact, especially when many of the stews have flour based sauces. A blast in the microwave results in a gloopier version. It's probably little pricey of the very average output also.

Reviewed 5 August 2012

The ambiance is not terrible if you sit outside, the inside is sort of suffocating and they have wild tap dancing on stage from time to time that will make you feel like you're eating in a war zone. The food is alright but I've had better tapas including here in Costa Rica. Total bill for 8 tapas (3-4 people meal) excluding wine/tips $110. That's a bit too much for what you're getting. Unlikely that we will revisit..

Reviewed 28 July 2012

Not great, but not bad either. Had dinner with a party of 10 and everyone seemed to enjoy their dinner. I did not have the Sangria, but most of the people in our party did and they said it was quite good. My favorite tapa was the patatas bravas, which is about as simple a tapa as you can get. That may be saying something about some of the others I sampled. Had the Tapa de Manuel which I thought was just ok, but not great (I had been told it was was one of the best by a person in my party that had dined there before).

I do have to point out that I thought the service was excellent and they seemed very attentive.

Overall, it was a pleasant experience, but I wouldn't necessarily rush to get back.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

We ordered the bruchetta and it thinking it could be shared, only got one. Well it comes out and all it is, is a hard piece of bread with lots of tomatoes on it. Not what we expected. We then ordered the cheese and fruit plate. Well we got about 9 pieces of tiny slices of 3 different cheeses. Also on the plate was tomato/motz/balsamic. Where is the fruit? Are they counting the tomato to be fruit? Again, let down.
My husband ordered some type of beef/ mashed potato combo that he really liked. I had shrimp with chic peas, which was also very good. We then shared the shrimp bisque, which was awesome! It came out hot! Which is great bc some times it can come out just Luke warm.. The soup had great flavor as well!
To drink we enjoyed house wines and a red sangria, which were all great!
A little disapointed in the food. Won't be back.