See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

This is by far hotel at the Center of Punt arenas, not only for the facilities also due price/quality relation.

Of course, it is not a chain hotel, but you will find a place where you could get the most for having a good time at Puntarenas.

The food and rooms are fine.

The best of the hotel is the service and their people, they will treat you very well trying to service you quick and as best as possible.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Could not wait to get out of hotel yardan our first night in puntarenas and found this place much better and a staff that actually cared about its guests. Hotel is a great value and will return if ever back here.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2017

What a horrible hotel. We had a group of six stay for one night, in three rooms, on our way down to Manuel Antonio. Each room was pretty much a prison cell. No windows, the bed had a hard, thin mattress with one thin sheet, two pillows that were small and had three lumps in them and could hardly be called a pillow. There was no alarm clock or phone in the room. The "Flat Screen HD TV" is about the smallest flat screen I have ever seen. There is also, as stated, a desk... which there is no desk. It is a piece of wood screwed to the wall under the tv. The towels in the bathroom are rough and have been washed so many times there is almost no material left. The toilet paper is thinner than tissue paper. The pool was cold and dirty, definitely not worth even sitting by. This may sound like I am a stuck up, rich traveler..I am not. I stay in hostels and travel on a budget often. This hotel is the worst place I've ever had to sleep. There has not been a single hostel worse than this place. I repeat..Do NOT stay here, it will be a waste of money. Also..if you stay here, do NOT buy water or pop from the front desk, go next door, it is half the price.

Room Tip: Ive you must stay here, Maybe stay with a water view..But don't stay here!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2016

My husband and I stayed two nights in one of the junior suites on the 4th floor. The rooms were spacious and very clean, the beds were comfortable and the view from the balcony was fabulous. The only things that keep me from giving the hotel a higher rating was the internet in the room wasn't good and their was no curtain around the shower area so water went everywhere (poor design). Tony and the whole staff are the best. They go out of their way to help and are super friendly. Love them! There is also a great restaurant attached with a nice menu and fair prices. We will be staying there again in the future.

Room Tip: Ask to see you room before you book it.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2016

We spent two nights at the Hotel Puntarenas Beach and found it clean and comfortable. The staff were very pleasant and extremely helpful when we had to change our arrival date. It has on site private parking which gets your car off the main street. There is a nice restaurant off the lobby and a couple more just down the street. Also, they have a small convenience store right next door for all those little things you might have forgotten and snacks and drinks. We opted for the balcony upgrade which allowed us to sit outside and view the beach. The only negative things worth mentioning was the pool was a little milky and needed some attention. The mirror in the bathroom was low for me and had to squat down to shave. I should mention the bathroom came with a Jacuzzi tube with a shower wand and also an overhead shower fixture. The tub is a little high off the floor so it might be a little difficult for some to get in and out, also no curtains if you do shower. The rim of the tub is higher than the surrounding tile so any over-spray drains out onto the floor. Since they didn't supply a floor mate or towel, this could also be a problem exiting the tube because they may slip on the wet tile, so simply ask for an extra towel. These are minor things in my book, but for some it could be a problem. Would I go back and spend time again.....you bet, best value in Puntarenas. I can't forget to mention, the room comes with a free breakfast for each day of your stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the beach view room
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends