All reviewscleaned dailyshared kitchenwatch the sunrisewaterfall hikeoverlooking the oceanperfect locationhammocksmaintenancesoundvibebreeze
Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

The view from this place is amazing. We stayed for a week as we fell in love with it. There was also a good vibe and diversity amongst travellers which was nice.
We stayed in a twin room with shared bathroom upstairs. The water is cold but it was never an issue for us. The bathrooms were cleaned every morning. They're basic and slightly dated, but manageable, especially when backpacking!
The kitchen was well-equipped and there was enough outside space for people to enjoy their meals. Some more sun beds would be ideal :)
The staff solely speak Spanish. It was great for us as we were learning Spanish. They were patient with us and didn't have problems adjusting their pace. They might come across slightly rough at first, but if you're making an effort in Spanish it's all good and you'll be joking with them. It might not be a place for travellers who don't speak Spanish. We found the staff quite entertaining, but again, each to their own.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

The staff are so rude, no help just ignoring any questions I had.. ants everywhere on all the beds, mosquitos as well! I felt so I un welcomed and I never writebad reviews and have been backpacking for 6 years even in crappy hostels but this by far was so unpleasant. Stay away from this dump!!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 December 2016

Really bad accommodation. Stayed there 2 night with my family and it was a bad experience. First we got a room at the second floor. I the middle of the night we woke up and the room was full of mosquitoes. No more sleep that night... When we talk to the staff next day they admitted they have at big mosquitoe problem on the second floor. So why did they put us in that room at the first place, especially with small children???
As we only planned to stay one more night in Montezuma we changed room and got one at first floor for my wife and daughter. The day after my wife and my daughter had their bodys covered in red bites, bed bugs!
The rooms are also not cleaned and are dusty, dirty and mouse poop on the floor and in the beds. They also have a really big issue with termites so the hotel is literary being eaten up.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

Do. Not. Stay. Here.

Myself and two friends woke up covered in tiny red bites. Luckily we did not bring in our bags in to the room. Woman working front desk was very rude and seemed as if our business was putting her out of her way.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

Stayed here three nights in a five bed dorm. The dorm was OK, the beds were comfortable but the room was very small and cramped with five people. My key included a key to a locker, but when I opened the locker I found someone else already using it. Luckily I wasn't a thief. You are required to pay a deposit for the key, with which you are given a slip of paper. Do not lose this slip, or you will be charged extra even if you have your key. We weren't told this, but luckily I kept the slip anyway. No English is spoken, which can be a problem for some.
Hotel Lucy is located a bit out of town so it is very quiet, and not a place for partying. It's a five minute walk to town, and a ten to fifteen minute walk in the other direction takes you to beaches, rock pools, and a Soda Tipico called Palmeras, which serves excellent affordable local food. It's pretty amazing to watch a lightning storm over the ocean, or watch the sun rise, all from the deck of the hostel. I would recommend this as a good quiet spot.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends