“Two weeks in a quaint, quiet cabin in a magical...”
other travellers have booked this property
Entrance to Studio Apartment
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Entrance to Studio Apartment
Studio Apartment
Located in a forest setting
Landscaping
Birdwatching
Birdwatching
local town of Santa Elena
View of Backyard
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Kyra S
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Two weeks in a quaint, quiet cabin in a magical mountain town with enchanting people.”
Reviewed 10 April 2013 for a stay in March 2013
people found this review helpful

I fell in love with Monte Verde and its people. I have a suspicion it's a lot to do with where I stayed and the hosts I stayed with. Balbi is quiet, sweet and warming (even when the temperature was not so) place to lay our heads every night. It felt like our own private villa on a beautiful vast horse ranch. The rooms were small but cozy and they were equipped for what a short term traveler could need. There are other rooms on the property that can house much longer term guests indeed but we (my friends and I) found what we needed and were given a fair, actually generous, price.

If the accommodations weren't enough on their own, the hosts of this establishment were always above and beyond what their roles would have required. Personally, I left Monte Verde with many new, great friends and Larry and Oscar were among them. They introduced us to compelling music, the humble but energetic nightlife in monte verde, the magic that the forrests provide, and even when I couldn't afford it Larry helped me ride a horse for the first time! I have really always dreamed of doing this and he went out of his way not to earn my dollars but to mold the inspiring, life changing trip that I longed for.

I would always recommend this Monte Verde gem. When I come back -yes, it's a"when" not "if"- I will come back to my new "old" friends at Balbi.

Thanks guys. We'll always have Editus!

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The people, the location, the quiet
Liked least: water temperature
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Oregon
Reviewed 19 February 2013 for a stay in February 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
Older travelers Rugged travelers
Sabbatica...
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Comfortable Spot with Beautiful Surroundings”
Reviewed 2 January 2013 for a stay in December 2012
people found this review helpful

Casita Balbi is a wonderful place to stay while exploring adventure in Monteverde. The father and son team operating Casita Balbi went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. Our casita had a large bedroom, a comfortable living room, and an ample kitchen. I couldn't have asked for better and the price was excellent. Thanks Larry and Oscar!

Value Location
bartbryne...
Seattle, Washington
“The perfect place for us in Monteverde”
Reviewed 22 December 2012 for a stay in December 2012
people found this review helpful

We stayed for three nights here. The owners, Oscar and Larry, were so helpful and made our stay so much better. They picked us up from the bus station, drove us to town, and even drove us up to the reserve one time. The place was cozy and had everything we needed in the kitchen. Santa Elena town was within walking distance, but a ride from Oscar was greatly appreciated. I would stay here again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing