All reviews winding steps g adventures tour seafood soup two sinks sized rooms rice and beans pretty hotel buffet breakfast is nice hotel nice pool area ac worked well lovely room bus station close to manuel antonio national park spent two nights costa rica large room
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

As soon as I saw the courtyard I knew this was the hotel for our family. During our visit to Costa Rica we stayed in three different hotels and Villas Lirio was by far my favorite!
My now husband and I were actually able to be married in a small ceremony at the hotel thanks to the amazing staff who exceeded every expectation!
Prior to our visit to Costa Rica we made several unsuccessful attempts via phone and email to communicate or solidify the possibility of having a simple wedding ceremony at another hotel (literally wanted a simple vow exchange in a beautiful setting), we had almost given up all hope of having our little destination wedding.
After asking a simple question to Andres and Elizabeth in reception at the Villas Lirio they found an attorney, copied our documents, and made it happen the very next day!
The rooms are extremely spacious (our room had a balcony and partial ocean view), clean, and monkeys were in the courtyard trees outside our room one morning!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel has potential. Looks like one of the decent hotels in the area. It's close to Manuel Antonio national park and the beach. The bus stops near the hotel. The receptionist might or might not speak English. Stay away from the rooms by the pool if you want tranquility. People are usually chatting, laughing, swimming early morning and late at night. There's also some construction close by I guess so you hear drilling at 6am. Wifi sucks in room 315. Housekeeping does a decent job but there's definitely room for improvement in the shower. The food at the restaurant is very good and the price is reasonable. Fridge is empty so buy what you need at the supermarket nearby. There's also an ok restaurant a few feet from the hotel but the hotel food is better IMO.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Villas Lirio is located approximately half way between the Manuel Antonio Park and the small town center.The dining room and buffet breakfast is quite good particularly when the rain is belting down and its too wet to sojourn out.My room was small with all amenities and a lap pool was outside my verandah. Only complaint I have was that the lighting wasn't bright enough for reading or just staying inside the room.Staff were great and very helpful.Outside areas had comfortable tables and chairs to meet up.There weren,t any sidewalks and the road was too narrow to walk along. A local bus at 310 colons stopped nearby and taxis were available.

Room Tip: Request a ground floor. Both service elevators werent operating.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Joyce S
Reviewed 16 June 2017

We stayed three nights here. The rooms are in three levels all accessible with winding steps. There are chair, sofas, and tables all along the room, and the best part is the tables all have novels on them for the guests to read. I left my book when I finished it there also. The rooms had thick curtains, comfy beds, and the bathroom had two sinks. The breakfast buffet was limited to few items. Fresh fruits and rice and beans are basic staples in CR. I had the best seafood soup first night we were there. It had a whole crab and every other edible seafood in it. Delicious.
The coffee in the morning was mediocre. If I wanted cappuccino it was extra. The receptionist was very helpful. Called a taxi for us and told us exactly how much to pay.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2017

Nice little hotel with great price . Cute, comfortable, clean rooms. Each room has a different themed ceiling motif (ours was a shaped like a star, our friend's room was shaped like a flower). Breakfast was good. Nice pool area and small rec room. Close to super markets and bus line.

Room Tip: Ask for a high corner unit to get a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends