10 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$546
Orbitz.comUS$546
StayForLongUS$548
2,364 results
All reviews golf cart ocean breeze suite playitas beach tortilla making private beach mirador restaurant costa rica lunch restaurant lower pool pura vida main restaurant national park mini bar direct access manuel antonio park clams welcome drink
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 March 2021

My husband and I stayed here in Manuel Antonio for the second half of our honeymoon in Costa Rica, and we had a blast! The hotel is wonderful, the staff are super friendly and helpful, the views are breathtaking. Rooms are kept very clean with a well stocked minibar, and the complimentary laundry service was really nice! You can leave your clothes in a basket in your room and fill out a card with information and they wash and fold everything and return it to your room. The restaurants and bar on the resort were very delicious with a nice selection, and if you want to go into town for a meal the resort is a very short shuttle or taxi ride away. It was awesome to have access to the private beach. The waves were bigger than we were expecting and made for really really fun boogie boarding! The National Park is also a short ride away but we even saw a lot of wildlife right there at the hotel: monkeys, sloths, iguanas, ocean crabs, and an agouti! Last thing I want to say is that the staff was awesome! Super responsive, always made sure had everything we needed. The concierge helped us book an additional white water rafting tour we hadn't planned for on our last full day and it was SO fun!

Reviewed 28 March 2021

This is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in in my life, and I've traveled all over the world. The views alone are mind blowing. The room I had was out of this world, with a fabulous view, Jacuzzi and tons of space (they actually upgraded my room very graciously and with no hassle). The staff are very solicitous and friendly. The property itself is very natural and hilly. You feel like you're in the middle of the jungle/forest. And you need a golf cart to go just about anywhere. But the carts come almost immediately whenever you want them. The whole place is well organized and run very efficiently.

In terms of activities, the hotel's guide to the Manuel Antonio Forest, Esteban was first rate. Their yoga teacher was also wonderful, very spiritual, gentle and kind.

The property has two pools, one higher up next to the reception and one lower down near the beach. I found both to be relaxing. This is one of the only hotels in Manuel Antonio that has beach access and that was a big plus. The beach itself is comfortable and leisurely.

Manuel Antonio itself is relatively well designed and has almost a European feeling, unlike towns in Guanacaste that I also visited, like Tamarindo and Santa Teresa. It has wide selection of good restaurants.

I just had a great time and would love to go back soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2021

Last month we completed our fifth visit to this wonderful resort. With international travel just opening up because of the pandemic we were a bit uncertain. However, once we got through all of the requirements the whole trip was very seamless. Again, we had a wonderful visit at the resort. All employees were very good about following the Covid protocols, in fact they were very comfortable and exceptional doing their jobs while maintaining the protocols. We felt very safe during the entire trip. My hat is off to all of the Costa Rican people who made our trip an excellent trip. I highly recommend Areans del Mar resort. Exceptional service and friendship. We very much look forward to our next trip.

Room tip: The Ocean View rooms are very nice, but a Garden View room may be a more affordable choice for first time visitors.
Date of stay: February 2021
Reviewed 21 March 2021

It was absolutely fantastic in all regards. Nice staff, beautiful location, clean and beautiful rooms. Best of all were the nature tours we booked at the front desk with the hotel staff tour guides maurizio, jose and Esteban. They are all equally knowledgeable and without them we would have seen only a fraction of the animals/birds. From squirrel monkeys to toukans and hundreds of exotic plants... we will be back for sure! (With our kids next time)

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2021 via mobile

Im in love of manuel antonio. I’ve been in top hotels here. I can tell their “private” natural closed beach is awesome if you want to do whatever the f word want.... thats all ... drinking pina colada with 12yr old... pray for me

Trip type: Travelled with family