Parador Resort and Spa(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$237
US$226
Bookit.com
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$289/night.

La Mariposa Hotel(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$226
  • Breakfast included
Makanda by the Sea(Manuel Antonio)
US$367
Shana By The Beach, Hotel Residence & Spa(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$384
US$212
Las Cascadas The Falls(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$150
Si Como No Resort & Wildlife Refuge(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$384
US$284
  • Breakfast included
La Posada Private Jungle Bungalows(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$118
Hotel Villabosque(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$110
Falls Resort at Manuel Antonio(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$105
  • Breakfast included
Tulemar Resort(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$791
US$752
2,055 results
All reviewsgolf cartplayitas beachocean breeze suitetortilla makingprivate beachsustainability tourlocal snacksmirador restaurantpremium suitehalloween crabscosta ricacart driverstico bartortillaslunch restaurantlower poolpura vida
Reviewed 2 March 2017

Beautiful, confortable, but particularly an impeccable service. We got all the attention and the premises are beautiful. Dry season in Costa Rica is the perfect time to visit. It was sunny, the food was very nice and the spa was very good.

Room Tip: Choose a room in one of the buildings next to the Playita, a private beach.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank marinaheck
Reviewed 27 February 2017

I will try to keep this short because this was the best resort experience we ever had. The first reason is the people here. The staff got to know us and made us feel like family. We truly consider that we have many new amigos at Arenas del Mar, and this is why we hope to get back there soon!

In addition, the views of Manuel Antonio were spectacular, the food in every location within the resort was excellent, and the room just lovely. We felt comfortable and happy and so well taken care of!

I personally loved the easy beach access (I run), and the walk to downtown Manuel Antonio and the park is totally do-able, via the beach. That's a HUGE amenity right there! There is also a great path through the rain forest right on the resort grounds.

We enjoyed several nights down on the beach for evening meals and entertainment. A special shout-out to Valeria and Nelson (there were so many nice people, sorry if I can't name everyone) and my boyfriend and I bonded with all of them!

Enjoy the meals on the deck and have a late night cocktail out there too. Unwind in your jacuzzi on your private deck. Order the seafood. Oh, and the watermelon margarita. Wow and yum.

Be smart and never leave.

Room Tip: We got the premium room with ocean views. Totally worth it.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Janet_writes
Reviewed 23 February 2017

I was nervous about traveling with my three young children (ages 6, 2, and 2) but I have been longing to get back to Costa Rica for ten years now and we have saved and planned for quite a while.
I arranged for ground transfer from San Jose for myself and my three kids as my husband and his friend spent our first day whitewater rafting and were going to rent a car and join us later that day. Our driver Ruperto made me feel very comfortable and was extremely helpful. He stopped at Rio Tarcoles so my kids could see the crocodiles and he helped me with them at the bridge which was above and beyond what he was paid to do. He took pictures and emailed them to me since my hands were full and I couldn't take pictures. He provided us with snacks and cold water in the vehicle. There was wifi available in the car and he gave me an ipad to look at menus/activities in the area, He also explained a lot about the history of the area and the old banana plantations which have now evolved into the palm oil industry. This was a great start to our vacation.

My husband had trouble with the car rental company and was not able to join me until the next afternoon, so I was there alone with three kids. To top it off, my 6-year old became sick and threw up by the pool (I was mortified!). Fortunately, I was able to entertain my two-year olds in the room with our awesome jacuzzi on our balcony (I convinced them they were swimming) while my son rested. He was feeling better that afternoon and then my husband joined us and all was well. The staff made a point of asking us how our son was feeling and to see if he needed any medicine. They checked on him several times when they would see us out.

The icing on our family vacation cake was that I came down with an ear infection. It got so terrible that I had to ask the staff to make me a doctor appointment somewhere, which they were happy to do. I never expected the doctors would come to me, but they were there in my room later that morning! The staff at Arenas del Mar took care of getting my prescriptions delivered and maintaining communication with the medical staff. Ariel was especially helpful with everything y lo agradezco mucho.

I know this is lengthy, but I mention all the problems I had to illustrate how excellent the service is at Arenas del Mar. They helped me soooo much and what could have been a disastrous vacation was excellent because of the exceptional staff. I almost cry thinking about how well they treated us.

In addition to the way they handled my problems, I would like to praise the facilities and activities. Our room was spacious and comfortable (they brought two pack-and-plays for my twin girls) and clean, with great snacks and drinks (I LOVED the dark-chocolate covered pineapple) provided. The balcony was huge and as I mentioned before, we loved the jacuzzi. We were close to the pool which was wonderful for my kids. It was never ever crowded and always so peaceful. We enjoyed the wildlife (iguanas, monkeys, agoutis, and sloths) and especially how the golf-cart drivers would point out the sloths for my kids.
Breakfast every morning was sooo delicious and I miss it so much. Especially the gallo pinto and the fresh fruit juices.
We participated in a Manuel Antonio tour with Mauricio. We loved it and he was great at pointing out wildlife and helping my small kids to see it in his telescope. He was also very accommodating of their walking pace. Raimond helped arrange a fishing trip for my husband and son. The girls and I did the tortilla-making activity that day on the resort, which was a lot of fun.

Traveling with two 2-year olds could have been so stressful, but Arenas del Mar was so welcoming and helpful and made our vacation great. I am so appreciative of all the staff there---they were so good to us. I didn't want to leave and hope someday that we can go back.

Room Tip: It's nice to be close to the "Playitas" pool with small children
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank laneymc
Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

We spent 4 days at this wonderful little resort and would absolutely return again.

The resort is located on the beach and also in the middle of the rainforest which was truly unique. Our balcony was in the canopy and each day we had white face monkeys visit on the balcony. These monkeys are also all over the property. It is amazing. As mentioned by other reviewers these little creatures do try to break into the minibar! We found the faucet of the sink in the wet bar on the balcony running twice when we returned. We also heard howler monkeys one morning but I didn't go investigate. They were apparently right on the property.

The beaches were small but nice and seemed very secluded considering the resort was fully booked when we were there. We enjoyed lounging on chairs with drinks and also boogie boarding in the waves at the property. The food on the property was very good and pretty healthy as well.

The staff were all genuinely friendly and helpful but not overbearing. The same folks seemed to be working every day all day so they obviously work very hard and still couldn't be nicer and more accommodating.

The rooms and facilities were clean and nice. They clean the rooms twice a day and the bathrooms at the beach/pool are literally cleaned constantly. The resort is located on a hill and there are not elevators in the rooms so if you have mobility issues I would suggest a room on the first floor. We thankfully don't have any such issues so it was no problem for us. The staff is available very readily to shuttle guests around the property on golf carts but we preferred to walk most of the time.

In response to some comments about whether it is a "5 star" accommodation, it is not akin to a Four Seasons US type of resort you'd find in Miami with gleaming marble bathrooms etc. But- if you want that sort of experience, you should go to Miami or Las Vegas! It's not meant to be the same experience. It is a very nice and well appointed resort that is not the same as remaining in the States. That's why you travel, right?!

Thanks to all at Arenas Del Mar for making our stay so enjoyable.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ABrooklyn
Reviewed 23 February 2017

Clearly one of the most exceptional properties I've had the opportunity to visit. My family of six was looking for a unique ecological and cultural experience and we found it at Arenas del Mar. The accommodations are contemporary while wildlife and rainforest beauty is just out your door. I'm watching a troop of spider monkeys less than 20 yards from my balcony as I write this review. The staff is extremely helpful, informative, and gracious. Jose has taken exceptionally good care of my family driving us around the property in search of sloths. Because of the terrain, you will need to call for golf carts to pick you up as you move from many parts of the resort to another. However, this is a simple phone call away. And, you're not waiting more than three minutes for a ride after you call. I highly recommend this property for those looking for a blend of rainforest, beach, and adventure. It just doesn't get any better.

Stayed: February 2017