12 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$215
Agoda.comUS$215
Trip.comUS$215
CheapTicketsUS$215
2,275 results
All reviews buena vista jean carlo private beach personal concierge bedroom villa jungle house boogie boards costa rica pura vida select villa dinner reservations tule cafe family pool shuttle service every morning three bedroom family vacation
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I spent 8 days at the Tulemar Resort. It was an incredible visit. I had decided I wanted to visit the Manuel Antonio area and I started looking at resorts. I narrowed it down to a few and then after some research I picked Tulemar. After we arrived and got the lay of the land I realized I had totally made the right choice and picked the best spot around.

Tulemar has a few things going for it that set it apart. The location is perfect. You walk out the gate and you are walking distance close to numerous fabulous restaurants (Emilios is the best one we found besides the Tulemar Cafe). Tulemar also doesn’t feel like your typical resort. Everything is spaced out really well so you have tons of privacy in your room. Our room had an incredible deck with an amazing ocean view and I think just about every place on the resort does. The room was modern and well furnished with a great walk-in shower.

Another distinguishing feature of Tulemar is the beach. It is a private beach only available to Tulemar guests. It is fricking amazing. It is safe and comfortable and beautiful and I can’t say enough about it. The water is an absolute perfect temperature. I would go swimming for about an hour every morning and feel so refreshed. Señor David is in charge of the beach and he is wonderful. He sets you up with chairs and umbrellas and tables and kayaks and whatever else you need. There is also a waitstaff with a full bar at the beach who can whip whatever incredible cocktail you can desire. Sunsets are also incredible at the beach. Everything is incredible.

The restaurant on site is the Tulemar Cafe and it is fabulous. We ate here numerous times and it was a wonderful experience every time. Beautiful patio dining with an incredible view. Awesome friendly staff.

Another thing that makes Tulemar amazing is the wildlife. Tons of monkeys, sloths, and tropical birds of every kind. The Sloth Institute is located on the property. Sloth’s are such a cool creature. It was amazing to see these interesting animals up close. One dinner at the Tulemar Cafe there was a sloth and her baby hanging out in a tree right off the patio, it was unreal.

Lastly I would be remiss if I didn’t talk about the staff. Alex was out concierge and he is the man! He helped us out with with so many things we desired. From a professional photographer to take some maternity photos with my wife to massages to advice to you name it. Everything is on a hillside so the resort so you have the option of shuttling around in vans the resort provides. We enjoyed walking a lot but we also enjoyed riding the shuttle. Memo, Harry, and Nacho were the drivers and they were always so prompt and friendly to ride with. Memo must speak Sloth because he always knew where they were hiding! Everyone there deserves a shout out. Omar, Jose, Emilio, Diego, Chris, Edson, Luis, and last but not least is Daniella who was been at the cafe for many many years. I’m sure I am forgetting some and I apologize.

I can’t wait to get back to Tulemar. We will definitely be returning and I wouldn’t even think of trying another place. In my opinion we chose wisely the first time and I wouldn’t switch it up.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We just returned from a fantastic 10 day stay at Tulemar. Our villa had a picture perfect setting and view from the deck, and was furnished beautifully and with any amenities we could want as well. There are many monkeys, sloths etc. on the property, which was very special and not something I've experienced during several previous CR trips at other properties. The service of all the staff and their consideration in consistently wearing masks was outstanding. Our concierge, Jean Carlo, was incredible! Such a nice guy, very responsive, and easy to work with, fulfilling our many requests for assistance with tours, dinners, etc. The private beach was beautiful, with very clean water and sand, great area for swimming, boogie boarding and kayaking. The Tulecafe restaurant was well situated and had a good menu and reasonable prices. My family highly recommends Tulemar!

Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Tulemar is a magical resort tucked away in Quepos, CR. My husband and I absolutely loved our stay in our 1 bedroom Villa overlooking the Pacific Ocean and loved all the wildlife From monkeys, toucans , lizards , parrots and my favorite sloths (all within the resort) !! Jeancarlo was our Concierge for the week and we couldn’t gather enough words to express our gratitude towards him! Jeancarlo went above and beyond to make sure our anniversary week was perfect. He booked all of our excursions & dinner reservations. He went out of his way to leave delicious chocolate strawberries and champagne for us to enjoy the evening of our actual anniversary. This resort is great both for couples and families, it offers a private beach and several resort pools. Definitely try the banana coladas and I highly recommend eating Costa Rican dishes.. I already miss my fried plantains with every meal!

We cannot wait to return next March but this time bring back our children! And maybe some friends ❤️

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheBarbersAdventures
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It was a perfect stay with unbelievable nature and services fare beyond what we expected. The personal butler idea worked for everything you wished. Arrangements for travels, reservations or just recommendations were perfectly done. Thanks a lot

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank joesj2016
Reviewed 1 April 2021

My family loves coming to Tulemar. We have been coming here in February for the last 3 years. The customer service is excellent and the staff is helpful and friendly. The food at the Tulermar cafe is excellent. The location is close to a number of excellent restaurants.

Date of stay: February 2021