Parador Resort and Spa(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$237
US$226
Bookit.com
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$288/night.

Las Cascadas The Falls(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$150
Shana By The Beach, Hotel Residence & Spa(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$384
US$212
Si Como No Resort & Wildlife Refuge(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$384
US$284
  • Breakfast included
Byblos Resort & Casino(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$103
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$115/night.

La Posada Private Jungle Bungalows(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$118
Hotel Villabosque(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$130
US$126
Falls Resort at Manuel Antonio(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$105
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

Makanda by the Sea(Manuel Antonio)
US$367
1,580 results
All reviewsbuena vista villasprivate beachpersonal conciergeboogie boardsbedroom villapura vidacosta ricaconcierge garyjungle housejean carloselect villatule cafeshuttle servicedinner reservationsfamily poolthree bedroomevery morning
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The Bar service at beach and pool was great incredibly friendly staff who were always available to make any drink that we wanted we spent lots of time at beach because of how great they made the experience

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jake P
PuraVidaChris, Manager at Tulemar Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks Jake for your review and for choosing Tulemar Resort for your vacation. Tulemar Beach is the number one reason people choose to stay. Glad you liked our people and our outstanding bartenders! Pura Vida, Chris

Reviewed 12 June 2018

This review is way overdue. We traveled over New Year's in January and had the most amazing trip ever. We only stayed in 2 parts of Costa Rica - Tabacon and Manuel Antonio at Tulemar. Both parts of Costa Rica were wonderful. This hotel was literally one of the best vacation experiences ever. I say "experience" because in Costa Rica that's what you want. The hotel is like your own private sanctuary in the middle of a rain forest and beach. Each of my teens had their own bed in their own room and we had our own room. There is a beautiful living room with a jacuzzi hot tub on the deck. It is truly a place to relax , explore and enjoy. What truly makes this property the most unique is Juan Carlo. Who is Juan Carlo? Well he is the most amazing concierge, personal host.. whatever you want to call him. I didn't know this was even part of the deal but after a week of his attentiveness and hospitality I really felt spoiled. He would even walk to the beach to find us to confirm reservations and check on us for how our trip is going. He is just a joy and a reason alone to visit this resort. Of course the feel of the private beach, the sights of animals in the rain forest by the room (monkeys, sloths, toucans, all kids of birds and lizards) makes this property just what you are looking for in a Costa Rica Family trip. We also just adored David the beach guy who totally took care of us and always had a kayak waiting. You can walk to the restaurants and the national park is a short drive away. Best place ever!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Thank you SanJoseMom, for your excellent review and for choosing to stay with us at Tulemar Resort where Juan Carlo is exclusively one of the Tulemar Resort's Stars! We're grateful for the opportunity to spoil you! Looking forward to doing it again in the future! Pura Vdida, Chris

Reviewed 5 June 2018

My husband and I most recently stayed here the last week of April. This was our 4th time to this resort and we are currently planing to come back in 2019 with our children and grandchildren. We have been traveling internationally for about the past ten years and when we began traveling we agreed that we would never go to the same place twice! That is until we first stayed here in 2013, we came back in 2015, 2017 and 2018.
As most of the other reviewers have said the property is beautiful, the rooms are clean and well maintained. The food and drinks are great, the wildlife is phenomenal !!! The best part of the resort is the wonderful staff !!! These people go above and beyond to make your vacation fabulous!!! Just to name a few because there are many, this place is well staffed but a special thanks is owed to the following: Jean Carlo our concierge, David at the beach, Elliott, Daniela,Giovani,Joxson, Manfred and Jose at the restaurant, Juan, Chris and Marvin serving drinks and food at the beach, the people at reception especially Orlando, and the drivers Rudy and Simon. Also the other concierges we met and were always helpful and fun to talk to Andreas , Gary and Rauel.
Hope to se you all sometime next year!!!!

Stayed: April 2018

Thank you Monica, for your heart felt review and for choosing Tulemar Resort again and again! Nothing says love in the vacation/resort world like repeat business and with a review like this on on your 4th visit with more planned well that goes beyond a cherry and chocolate sauce! Thanks sooo much we look forward to hosting you again! Pura Vida, Chris

Reviewed 5 June 2018

I had high expectations for the resort after doing my due diligence in research. I was not disappointed, for even one minute. From the moment I walked through the front door and was greeted with a warm smile by Lara I knew I had picked the perfect spot to relax and unwind. After a thorough overview of the resort, it's amenities and my lodging I was ready for the beach. My concierge, Jean Carlo made me feel as if I was at home and started introducing me to everyone that would quickly become a friend. He took the time to walk with me down the south path to the private beach where David and his crew were eager attend to anything I needed. Marvin was quick to introduce himself and was back with a refreshing drink within minutes of my arrival. The crashing waves quickly had my stresses easing away while the warm sun lulled me into my first of several naps. Anywhere one wants to go on the property a vigorous walk or quick shuttle ride will have you at your destination. The restaurant (reviewed separately) is an oasis in the jungle. Situated next to the resorts infinity pool the view is nothing short of breath taking - go for happy hour and stay for dinner. Believe me you will not be disappointed.

I booked a few of the activities the resort recommended and each experience was fun, educational and memorable. My compliments again to Jean Carlo for checking in on me periodically to see how my day was. All I needed to do was say I wanted to do something the next day and within an hour all the details were given to me to sit back, relax and enjoy. Jean Carlo even arranged for my breakfast to be ready in time for me to make the early tour to the National Park. One major reason I chose Manuel Antonio was for its diversity. The park tour was all I had anticipated. My guide, the incredibly knowledgeable Viviana, was a pure treat. Having a degree in nature studies allowed her to show off the park in all its glory while at the same time pointing out the environmental impacts being placed on this piece of paradise. She loves her "job" and is passionate about helping everyone appreciate the pure beauty of the surroundings.

Another day was surfing lessons - again a very professional and fun experience. Jorge runs a great crew of "kids" who have the patience of saints to be sure everyone is hanging ten. These guys are very good at assessing everyone's abilities making it easy to put your trust in them while respecting the power of the awesome waves at this break. I can't wait to go back to this crew and learn more.

Another day on the ocean this time with a wave runner getting another perspective of the incredible landscape. These guys are true professionals as well. Very knowledgeable about the surroundings and most importantly treating everyone's safety as the number one priority.

The trip was made enjoyable by every staff member I encountered at the resort - too many names to remember (sorry to anyone I left off). Sara at reception is always friendly and quick to keep you updated on when to expect your shuttle pick up. All the drivers are polite and friendly and truly want to get to know the quests. I can't forget about Ofelia who always had my room fresh and clean upon my return from the days adventures.

While I enjoyed several meals at the resort's Tule Cafe I did venture out. Many wonderful restaurants steps outside the front gate. An evening at Emilo's was accentuated by the tuna trio - very fresh and prepared exactly to my liking. Another amazing dinner at Cafe Milagro had me going back each night during the rest of my stay to catch the live music from 8 - 10. The coffee on the morning after is a can't miss! The sister restaurant to Tule Cafe, Victoria's, was the same high standard one would expect from anything associated with Tulemar Resort.

Sadly the day came to leave. My transportation to home picked me up very early. Jean Carlo arranged to have breakfast delivered to my room before the restaurant was even open. The shuttle showed up at exactly the right time. A quick check of the charges and I was on my way. This vacation was truly one of a kind. I did not need to lift a finger. The monkey's came out to play as if on cue. The sloths, well yeah, they just hung around in the trees. My personal guard iguana Jorge was always sunning himself by my room as if just being placed there. I can say without a doubt that I will be back! I hope to see all my friends again. If you do happen to move on best of luck and know that you made my experience something I will never forget - Pura Vida!!!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Dan W

Wow Dan, Thank you for your comprehensive 5 star review and for ultimately choosing Tulemar Resort for your vacation! Glad to hear we exceeded expectations on all fronts and we all look forward to hosting you again for another relaxing vacation! Pura Vida, Chris

Reviewed 4 June 2018

The Best experience
Located in the heart of beautiful Manuel Antonio, easy to get to and from different destinations, near restaurants and beaches, we stayed at Casa Tule Villa, a majestic contemporary building, full of the most exquisite details, a mix between the modern and the details of old locks, make the impression become interesting.
The bathroom is the experience of rain forest rain, broad and with high quality amenities, to always remember.
The room gives the impression of being in a wonderful modern castle, with a spectacular ocean view and refreshed by the sea breeze, make you want to stay to spend all day in that place.
Social area of the room and kitchen, made to enjoy, full of all the utensils to enjoy drinks and snacks at all hours of the day.
a great end, enjoy a delicious glass of wine in front of the wonderful view of the ocean, fill me with memories that only make me plan for my next time in this majestic site.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you Olivier, for your 5 star review of our newest offering within the Tulemar Resort, Tule Villa! We're thrilled at the great reception this unit is getting and making Tulemar Resort that much better! Thanks too for choosing Tulemar Resort for your vacation destination! We look forward to having you back again! Pura Vida, Chris