7 people are viewing this hotel
US$151
US$188
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
US$263
US$140
SAVE US$123
Hotels.comUS$151
PricelineUS$188
Destinia.comUS$263
2,337 results
All reviews playa biesanz lounge bar costa rica direct access pool area junior suite pura vida excellent hotel rain shower small beach golf cart ocean view happy hour beautiful room steep hill last stop main restaurant
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 February 2021 via mobile

The staff of the hotel is great, thanks to everyone for your great service, specialy to Jose for the good attention every breakfast.

The food is great, the trail to the beach is very nice and and Biezans is a wonderful beach.

The rooms are spacious and nice. The bed is huge, we had a studio, which is perfect when you travel with kids.
We enjoyed the view from the balcony and the visit of the monkeys every morning.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Shana Hotel, General Manager at Shana By The Beach, Hotel Residence & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2021

Dear VABS86,

It was a pleasure meeting you. We appreciate you selecting Shana By The Beach Hotel and Spa in Manuel Antonio as your vacation destination.

Our guest services are very important to us so we are very pleased to read that you enjoyed the property, accommodations, and services.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 12 February 2021

We're currently visiting from the states. Figured we'd spend a few weeks down here during the pandemic and we'd escape the cold up north. The people who work here are wonderful and the property is very nice, located in a serene jungle setting. Covid precautions are adhered to.

But a big warning about a huge downside, if you're looking for a relaxing stay, is that they blast bad club music all day by the pool. And I do mean, BLAST. It makes sitting poolside and enjoying the tropics with a nice book and a drink literally impossible. Three days in a row we lasted an hour or two and had to leave. We asked them to turn it down, and they did slightly, but it was turned back up shortly after. It must be an instruction from hotel management. Our room's balcony overlooks the pool and you can't even relax there, because the music is so overwhelming. We're fairly easy going travelers and are generally happy wherever we visit, but we wouldn't come back to this property, simply because of that. It assaults your senses and makes relaxing impossible. Not sure why they do it, but we heard other guests complaining about the same thing. A real shame.

Room tip: get a room nowhere near the pool, unless you're 18 and want loud music blaring at you all day
Date of stay: February 2021
Shana Hotel, General Manager at Shana By The Beach, Hotel Residence & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2021

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for the review of your recent stay and your appealing mention of our location and friendly staff. While I appreciate your comments I am disappointed that your stay fell short of your expectations due to the music by the pool. I intend to review your feedback with my team as it is only through such review that we will improve. We are indeed committed to improving and I would welcome any additional feedback you may wish to share with me directly. Stay in touch!

Reviewed 11 February 2021

Had a beautiful stay at Hotel Shana. The pool was gorgeous and even had an adult pool area and bar. Over the weekend their was a DJ and some live entertainment. I was incredibly happy with the restaurant and menu, ( they even had a vegan menu!) The staff was kind and accomodating making this an overall wonderful experience.
Thank you so much for having us!

Room tip: I would ask for a room towards the top part of the location so you dont have to walk up the hill
Date of stay: February 2021
Shana Hotel, General Manager at Shana By The Beach, Hotel Residence & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2021

Dear Vegananywhere,

It was a pleasure meeting and serving you. We appreciate you selecting Shana By The Beach Hotel and Spa in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica as your vacation destination.

Our guest services are very important to us so we are very pleased to read that you enjoyed the property, accommodations, facilities, and services.

We appreciate you taking the time to write us this nice review and give us a 5 Star Recommendation. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 February 2021

I really enjoyed staying here, the rooms were beautiful and you could step out of a cool air conditioned room straight to the tropical jungle outside your door where you could observe monkeys and iguanas playing in the trees. The pool area was an awesome place to hang out and the food at the restaurant was incredible.

Room tip: The higher the floor the better the view!

Dear StevenDonovan ,

Reviewed 10 February 2021

After some weeks of a lot stress (due to a motorcycle accident) I decided to look for a great place for vacation for my wife and daughter and great room for me (because I have a broken foot). As soon as I found Shanna Hotel I only saw positive things... Since the first moment I spoke with the person who made my reservation I confirmed the great service... as soon as we arrived we felt as home... all employees (Security, receptionist, restaurant, house keeping, spa) every body REALLY understand what customer service means and how to help and support customers. The hotel was CLEAN and fantastic.

Room tip: Ask for the ocean view rooms

Dear Guide47092442335,