There is just so much to say about this hotel....its pretty much perfect.
The private beach is not just a little strip of sand and water, like we had expected. It was REALLY BIG like its own little bay, with its own beach bar that has all the drinks from a regular bar. You can rent kayaks and snorkel gear, and they have towels there.You can looks at the tidepools in between the rocks (our 9 year old loved that) in low tide, and find some really pretty shells. The walk down and back to the beach is 10 minutes, but you can take the shuttle bus if you want. If you walk you can see lots of animals. We saw the dead body of an orange and blue land crab, along with a bunch of squirrel monkeys on the walk down, and on top of the beach bar tent. We also saw iguanas sunning themselves on the beach.
We stayed in a premium bugalow and it was amazing. Its octoganal design made it so you could see beautiful sunsets and nature. It can accomodate up to six people, but in bungalow 113, I slept on the day bed and trundle bed and got all these weird bites (we think they were spider bites), that I stopped getting when we came home, so they werent bed bugs. But all the other beds were fine. The little kitchenette was great, and the pool had a spectacular view. Because its so near to the restaurant, the restaurant will serve you drinks while you sit in the pool watching the sunset.
the restaurants food is spectacular.
All in all, stay there or you are REALLY missing out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tulemar is the premier resort development in Manuel Antonio. Gated and secure, the 33 acre jungle resort is perched on the hillside overlooking the Pacific, but continues down all the way to our own beach. It includes the Tulemar Bungalows and our special and unique villas such as Villa Mot Mot, Casa Panorama, Casa de Frutas, Casa Las Nubes, Villa Kiskadee and the new Tulemar Bamboo Villas just for couples. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tulemar Bungalows And Villas
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Tulemar Hotel
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio