2,952 results
All reviews casa panorama villa mot mot casa de frutas boogie boards private beach bamboo villa concierge chris villa cielito costa rica zip lining private chef brownie garden house personal concierge dinner reservations squirrel monkeys grocery store
Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

Absolutely loved staying here. The room was very comfortable but the best part was having an outdoor living area with a kitchen, hammock, and comfy seating. The best part was the ocean and sunset view every day! The staff was friendly and helpful. We would definitely return again!

Date of stay: February 2013
TulemarDave, General Manager at Tulemar Bungalows & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

HI bikefan54......so glad you enjoyed your stay in the Mot Mot Hideaway......the outdoor living area is wonderful.......a huge covered deck with living/dining furniture, a hammock and even a full kitchen....plus those great ocean views......thanks for staying with us and we'd love to have you back!

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Our family thoroughly enjoyed our stay (Buena Vista bungalow). The monkeys visited us on the balcony every morning and the kids were never bored with that!!! The villa itself was very comfortable, well decorated and spacious.
The beach there is beautiful (and pay no mind to the resort being hilly, the hotel has a shuttle van).
Another pro - The people! Everyone on staff is amazing and friendly.

My only issue with this resort was the pools. They have 3 or 4 pools and only 1 has food/drink service during the day. Not a major thing - but to me, the best part of vacation is when everything is convenient.

Otherwise, truly an enjoyable place to visit.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank KVC08
TulemarDave, General Manager at Tulemar Bungalows & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Hi KV.....thanks for your review on our Buena Vista Villas in Tulemar......we're pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.......yes....the wildlife is abundant in Tulemar......all three types of monkeys, sloths and exotic birds.....you'll find them all right here......and along our hiking trails too......I appreciate the comment about more food/beverage service at the different pools.....I'll pass that on.....thanks again for booking with me and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 25 February 2013

I highly recommend this property! We have traveled a LOT and the Premium Villas at Tulemar are the NICEST accommodations we have ever seen! The pictures don't do them justice! They are "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" nice! In addition to the villas being insanely beautiful, so were the incredibly manicured grounds!

We were also SPOILED by the attention of Ingrid and Johan who made our trip unforgettable! I met Ingrid on the hotel's Facebook page as she answered my one million questions happily before my arrival. She took it upon herself to make sure we were well taken care of by Johan and herself. With that said, Tulemar treats EVERY client as a VIP and we certainly felt it!

The VIEW from the villas is fabulous (ours in 402 was not the best on the property but it was still nice) and for us the BEST part was the VISIT from the MONKEYS on the porch! Our kids will never forget it!

MY ONLY WARNING is for FAMILIES with CHILDREN UNDER 4 (and or elderly parents) as this lovely hotel is built on a very steep hill because the town of Manuel Antonio is ON A BIG HILL/small mountain itself!! MOST (if not all) hotel properties are very hilly-nothing you can do about that but it is good to know ahead of time! Walking around the property is very challenging BUT they do offer shuttle service so that can make it work.

Also you should know that the family pool is DEEP! Our 9 year old could not touch the ground but they still loved it! Just a warning for kids that can't swim yet! However, it is a beautiful pool with a bar & grill so it's great for families, just a warning for the depth of the pool!

Also, the premium villas are two stories (bedrooms downstairs) with lots of stairs which would have been a concern for me when I had toddlers. Also, the balcony has a huge drop off and an open railing system (which made me nervous with my 5 year old) but as soon as I expressed concern two guys were there to install a safety mesh netting over the railing. The fastest response I've ever seen to any hotel issue!

If you do have children I recommend you get ABBY to babysit and go out for a child free evening out! Our kids had a blast with her and we loved our date night!
I ALWAYS include warnings with my reviews because I like people to KNOW EVERYTHING and as a mom I think it is important to know safety issues. With that said, the only REAL WARNING about this property is that it will SPOIL YOU!! Can't imagine ever being impressed by a hotel room after staying in one of their premium villas! And I'm sure that all customer service will appear poor next to what we experienced with Ingrid and Johan!

Room tip: Get a PREMIUM VILLA! It is worth every penny!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 619andreat

Hi Andrea.....thanks for the great review and all of the helpful information for the "moms" out there......I'm sure it is appreciated........the Buena Vista 2 Premium Bedroom Villas are amazing....from the ocean views....to the full kitchens and the jacuzzi on the deck.....to the indoor/outdoor showers in each of the bathrooms......the "wow" factor in everywhere you look.....our guests LOVE them....and yes.....since they are two and three stories....there are many steps, stairs and balconies.......and thanks for the kind words on our staff as well......we appreciate you booking with us and would love to have you with us again!

Reviewed 24 February 2013

We booked thru Dave and had an amazing vacation. The grounds are immaculate and brimming with flora and fauna (exotic birds, capuchin monkeys, sloths, etc.). And there is a private beach just a short walk downhill that was lovely. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, and was always available to arrange any tour or travel.....our concierge Chris was outstanding.

Chris R.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hi Chris.....thanks for the great review on your stay in one of our Tulemar Bungalows.....we loved having you with us......we're glad you enjoyed the wildlife.....our beach......and your personal concierge, Chris......he really can make the trip special for you.....thanks for booking with me and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Everything about Tulemar Bungalows and Villas was outstanding! We planned a 6 day/5 night honeymoon at this lovely destination and underestimated how beautiful the property was and how much wildlife could be found just on the premises. My husband, a wild-life lover, easily spotted 2-toed and 3-toed sloths and 3 different species of monkeys (willingly playing above our bungalows daily). This was more than we saw at the Manuel Antonio national park! The entire staff and our concierge, Chris, were very helpful and honest. We stayed in just the 2 queen bed bungalow that met our needs perfectly...although knowing we'll be back, we can't wait to stay in some of the other luxury bungalows/villas! Thanks for all your help arranging the perfect stay, our many excursions, and recommendations for food :)

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Erica2213
TulemarDave, General Manager at Tulemar Bungalows & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Hi Erica.......we loved having you with us for your honeymoon......we're so glad you enjoyed your stay in one of our Tulemar Bungalows.......I know your husband enjoyed finding all the wildlife........the monkeys....the sloths.....the exotic birds......Tulemar is a very special place........and we are so happy to share it with the animals and birds.......thanks for your kind remarks about Chris too.....your personal concierge.....and just let me know when you are ready to return.....we'll help you choose a great villa!