2,961 results
All reviews casa panorama casa de frutas villa mot mot boogie boards private beach bamboo villa concierge chris villa cielito costa rica zip lining private chef garden house brownie personal concierge dinner reservations grocery store squirrel monkeys
Reviewed 13 December 2011

This was my first glass house, and it was worth it for the magnificent scenery, but embarassing when I forgot it wasn't a normal hotel room and undressed in public. Supposedly there were monkeys everywhere, but I kept a lookout through my windows (as others were possibly staring in) and didn't see any wildlife other than the human kind.
The room had no charm, and I was most irritated that at a high end resort, the sheets were about 30 thread count (I honestly felt skin sloughing throughout the night) and by each morning, the fitted sheet with almost no pockets had slipped off the bed entirely. The bathroom was small and totally plebeian with bad plumbing. The bungalow was set on a steep hill that was impossible except for a triathlete to go up or down all the way. My husband is in super shape, and he said the trails to the beach were impassable.
The beach made up for a lot. It was private and had the softest sand I've ever felt. No seaweed, free kayaks and boogie boards. Really no mosquitos which is amazing considering my daughter and I are insect magnets. The beach staff left a lot to be desired. One day we were the only guests there, it had just rained and the chairs were wet, but the beach guy stuck with the one towel per customer rule.
The van driver Guillermo was a good guy and actually drove us to a few unauthorized spots such as the supermarket and ATM. He also drove us to 3 restaurants near the resort which were all good, Marluna, Victoria's and Kapi Kapi. I would stay here again, but would recommend they improve the furnishings and especially the bath amenities.

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank JeanneFleur63
TulemarDave, General Manager at Tulemar Bungalows & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2011

I often describe our Bungalows as "the kind of house the Jetsons would live in if they lived in Costa Rica - up on stilts with amazing ocean/junlge views and glass all around"....perfect for watching the world, but use the curtains when you want a little privacy....from the monekys or the humans!

Yes, Manuel Antonio sits along the mountain ridge line, from Quepos to the National Park; to get the best views, our villas are situated along the hillside with the beach below. That's one of the reasons we provide a free shuttle within Tulemar, to help get you around the 33 acre resort.

I'm so sorry to hear about the problem with your sheets; I wish we would have known and it would have been corrected for you.

I'm glad to hear you would return to Tulemar, so please, just give me a call and we'll make sure you have a great trip!

Reviewed 13 December 2011

Our family of 4 traveled to Costa Rica for Thanksigiving 2011. Our Condo and location was beautiful, Julian our concerige was very accomodating and the wildlife; monkeys, sloths, hummingbirds & iguana's roamed freely on the property. They have a private beach and a couple of nature trails to explore as well. It rained everyday but we just went about our business as ususal, it actually added a little excitment to our tours. We highly recommend the ATV with Rainmaker tour ( you have to see all the waterfalls!); the zip lining; the white water rafting and the Fishing; we caught two beatuiful sailfish (catch and release). The tour guides are awesome and very informative about Costa Rica. We had a wonderful time. If you like calamari, you have to try it at Agua Azul; it was the best I've ever had, sauted and seasoned perfectly, great view too. Another great restauruant was Luna Mar (lobster and shrimp yum!) and Kapi Kapi (seasoned just right - upscale dining) - very good food at both places. Wish we had more time to explore the land but the tours let you see different areas as well. Pura Vida!

Room tip: Higher floors have more scenery - you can see both the ocean and the rainforest
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

We're so happy that you enjoyed your stay in our Tulemar Bungalows! Yes, we do have lots of wildlife in Tulemar and they can be fun to watch from the bungalows, along our trails or on our beach below!

We're also pleased that you enjoyed Julien, your personal concierge. As you experienced, Julien knows the best tours, tour guides and restuarants in the area, not just the obvious "touristy" ones. Agua Azul is one of our favorites too!

Thanks, again, for staying with us and we hope to see you back again!

Reviewed 27 November 2011

This was our second trip in a row to Tulemar and it never disappoints. The house is absolutely wonderful, so good it is hard to leave with the ocean views, entertaining monkeys and serene feeling you get by just relaxing. We brought friends with us this year and the house had plenty of space for everyone. We will be back next year, same time, same place. Kimberly, the concierge for Casa Panaroma was there to meet our every need. Pura Vida!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
TulemarDave, General Manager at Tulemar Bungalows & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2011

We loved having you back with us and look forward to next year as well.....we're also glad that you chose Casa Panorama this year.....a wonderful villa for the four of you.....amazing ocean views.....and Kim....your own personal concierge!

See you next year!

Reviewed 15 November 2011

If you are planning on spending any time at all in Manuel Antonio, you simply cannot go wrong with Tulemar. Fabulous location, fabulous facilities, fabulous customer service, fabulous fabulous fabulous. And Kimberley is, without a doubt, the most amazing host EVER! Picked us up from the airport, took us on a tour of the town, made all of our arrangements with the best tours one could hope for, even took us to the market upon our arrival. It was as if we had known her for years! The next time I return to Manuel Antonio (and I most definitely will), Tulemar all the way. Trust me, you cannot go wrong here.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Curt1789
TulemarDave, General Manager at Tulemar Bungalows & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2011

Thanks for your review of Tulemar! We're very pleased you enjoyed your stay in Casa Panorama and the service provided by Kimberly, your personal concierge! She truly is FABULOUS! One of the benefits of staying in Tulemar with us, besides our beach, hiking trails, amazing ocean views and large selection of suites, bungalows and villas is the personal concierge service we provide with selected properties! We hope to have you back again with us soon!

Reviewed 11 November 2011

5 stars isn't enough to describe how remarkable this place is! My husband and I spent 7 days in Tulemar staying in the Casa Panorama Upper Suite, and it was honestly the best week of our lives.

The House:
-More beautiful than the pictures online, we couldn't believe it!
-Very clean. The maid service comes every day and cleans your entire house for you, provided fresh towels and linens.
-It felt like home. They had several DVDs to watch, so one night when it was raining we just stayed in on the couch, cooked dinner using the BBQ on the balcony, and relaxed watching movies.

The Staff:
-Tom, Kimberly's husband, was our go-to man the entire week and he was by far one of the nicest people I have ever met. We could call him day or night with questions and he was always more than willing to help. He booked all of our tours for us, told us all the best places to go, and even helped drive us places at times.
-David who works down at the bar on the beach was also wonderful. He knew us by name and would chat with us every day when we came down. He also always made sure to point out any and all wildlife for us so that we could have the best experience possible.
-Gabriel was our primary driver throughout Tulemar for the week and he was spectacular. We enjoyed his company and he was always kind and smiling.

The Scenery/Wildlife:
-Monkeys, monkeys, monkeys! We saw so many monkeys, including on our balcony one morning, which was incredible.
-Going in the end of the rainy season, many people warned us that we may be miserable, but we LOVED it! It would rain a little in the early morning, then stop, then start again in the late afternoon which was perfect because our tours would be done by the time the rain started. Our last two days there the sun even came out full force during the day. If you're going to stay in a rainforest why wouldn't you want to go when it's raining? So beautiful and romantic.
-We saw several different animals on our trip and were amazed at how comfortable they were being seen.

The Food:
-Tom directed us to many delicious food places including Kapi Kapi, Victoria's, La Cantina, Byblos, Ronnie's Place, etc. The ceviche and Mahi Mahi in Costa Rica are to die for!

Overall:
My husband has traveled, where as I have not. This was my first destination, so I assumed that perhaps I was just biased in saying that it was the most remarkable place in the world. However, my husband says the same! Everything from the views to the staff was absolutely breathtaking.
Costa Rica was amazing and we will 100% be coming back to Tulemar for years and years to come.

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrea F
TulemarDave, General Manager at Tulemar Bungalows & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2011

Thanks for taking the time to write such a great review for Tulemar, Casa Panorama and Tom, your personal concierge! We're so glad you enjoyed your Honeymoon with us! The villa, the views, the beach, the wildlife and even our rains! We're already looking forward to your next arrival!