We have never felt compelled to post a review here before, but we just returned from our stay at Casa Ylang Ylang and it is truly a magical place. We booked our stay through Dave at [--] and were delighted to find that our casa was exactly as described in the materials on-line. The accommodations and surroundings are gorgeous. There were many opportunities to observe wildlife up close while on the grounds. We spotted white-faced capuchins, squirrel monkeys, and even a two-toed sloth in the trees while walking around the resort. We also had white-faced capuchins playing on our balcony some mornings. What a treat! Our concierge, Mauricio Jara, could not have been more helpful in making our trip an exceptional one. We enjoyed ziplining, sportfishing, and a great horseback ride to a waterfall. Mauricio helped us arrange for a private chef one evening and we ate in with friends. It was absolutely delicious, very reasonably priced, and we had leftovers for the next day! Throughout our stay, Mauricio checked in with us, sought feedback on how we were enjoying the casa and activities and offered suggestions for restaurants and sights. On our last evening there, he even brought over a huge plate of freshly-baked chocolate brownies, which we all devoured. He was a kind and thoughtful host and helped to make our stay extraordinary. Thank you Mauricio and Dave!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tulemar is the premier resort development in Manuel Antonio. Gated and secure, the 33 acre jungle resort is perched on the hillside overlooking the Pacific, but continues down all the way to our own beach. It includes the Tulemar Bungalows and our special and unique villas such as Villa Mot Mot, Casa Panorama, Casa de Frutas, Casa Las Nubes, Villa Kiskadee and the new Tulemar Bamboo Villas just for couples. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tulemar Bungalows And Villas
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Tulemar Hotel
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio