Who knew sleeping in the jungle could be so nice! Many hotels at Manuel Antonio advertise their ocean view. Why choose that when you can be in the middle of the jungle, but just a few steps off the main road. The Byblos bungalows are especially welcoming, with comfortable interiors and a great balcony overlooking the jungle. The animals visited day and night; what a fun and interesting place. So many hotels feature rooms where you only want to sleep; Byblos rooms are a place where you want to hang out.
The grounds are beautiful, interesting, and well kept. The pool and restaurant area are particularly nice; we spent more time in the pool than I can recall in any previous hotel. The staff is friendly and first rate. They were attentive to our every need; whether it was restaurant or poolside service, room needs, travel bookings, or suggestions on things to see. Their recommendations for local tours were spot on and they were happy to do the booking. The open air Billfish bar was right out of a Jimmy Buffet novel – the local characters, the music, the atmosphere (yeah, the margaritas worked too).
There are numerous additional nice restaurants and bars within walking distance, with plenty of opportunities to see a great sunset. Bus transportation between Manuel Antonio NP and the village of Quepos stops right at the door, and a ride is cheap. But don’t pass up the opportunity to walk to the beach. Ask the staff about routes that avoid the crazy traffic on the main road. If you expect to gamble, bring your own crowd; most folks seem to have other things to do.
Byblos is definitely a hotel that invites an extended stay. The staff felt like family when we finally had to say goodbye.
ATM note: The closest ATM we found was in Quepos, a 20 minute bus ride away. But if you time it for Saturday you get to visit a fun local market. If you take a handful of US singles for tips, you can pay for everything else with plastic. Tips are charged on most dinner and bar tabs, but waiters really appreciate that little bit extra, and don’t forget something for the tour guides too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Byblos offers all the amenities and comforts of a three-star boutique resort, while conserving the essence of jungle style lodging. All rooms are spacious offering ample views of the local Wildlife and Garden Areas or Pacific Ocean. Accommodations feature air conditioning, telephone, cable TV, safe box, hair dryer, mini-refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker. Free gated parking and wireless internet access is available, as well as our poolside Bistro Pizzeria, Billfish Sportsbar and air conditioned Casino. Close to all tours, attractions, spas and local restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Byblos Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Byblos Resort And Casino
- Byblos Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Byblos Resort & Casino Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio