See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 February 2017

This property had a motel and a restaurant. We didn't stay here but we did eat here. The first night we just came by for ice cream and drinks. The next night we ate dinner here. My husband and I shared a ham and cheese sandwich and french fries. It was good. Service was good. We talked several minutes to a young man here who gave us some information about this place. There was no one else around. Dining is outside in a covered area.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2017

This place is not fit to be called a hotel, it's a truck stop Motel at best. The pictures are not accurate, beware!

This was included in part of a tour from "Intrepid Tours"; not only did I feel unsafe here, this place completely filthy. Rooms had spider webs for days, bugs, and broken up screens that were the only covering for the windows behind the bars (anything could crawl threw if it wanted to, UGH!). The pool was murky and disgusting, they give you breakfast but after you walk out your room smell the stench in the area and look at the staff that are not completely identifiable as they look like the locals/tourist you won't want to eat which I didn't. On my own I would have never picked this place and shame on "Intrepid tours" for booking accommodations here on a tour that should have been a comfort tour.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 November 2016

Our room was of a good size. Beds were comfortable. Our Bathroom was of a very good size. Plenty of room we had.
PAtio area with wooden benches is nice later in the evening making your own little party! Since a lot of bars do close early...

Locationwise the hotel is very close to the entrance of the National Park.
A parking area (not only for the people staying at the hotel!) is right in front of several rooms. It can be a bit noisy.

Hotel does have a swimming pool. at the back.

Breakfast was decent.
Other restaurants, shops etc are very closeby so is the ocean itself.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

I stayed here with friends for the weekend and the price of Hotel Los Almendros certainly made it very attractive. Granted we were there during the low season, but we were able to book a room with 2 doubles for $85 a night. There is a tv in the room, but the one in our room was pretty staticky. We were also a little disappointed to not have any hot water in our room, but it was not very surprising as its not too common in Costa Rica to have a warm shower. Being so cheap, there is no breakfast or any meals included although the hotel does have a restaurant. We ate dinner there one night and it was fine, nothing special. Their fresh juice was very good though! We really enjoyed the pool and loved the location of the hotel, as it less than 5 minutes walking from the entrance to Manuel Antonio National Park. It's also only 5-10 minutes walking to the beach and main street with restaurants and shops. There were only 2 complaints I had about this hotel. One, the wifi only worked in the lobby/reception area which was a little frustrating. Secondly, when housekeeping came they took our towels and did not leave new ones, you have to wait for them to bring them back to you (which we did not get them until around 4pm), which was kind of annoying considering we're near the beach and people shower more frequently. My recommendation would be to plan out your shower in advance so you're not sitting around for hours. Other than that, we had a good stay, I would probably stay again if I could get a similar price.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2016

We stayed here for 2 nights as part of our tour. The rooms were just ok, poor bathroom with a lack of hot water. The bar and restaurant never seemed to be open whilst we were there. Very few staff around. Breakfast was included but was served to you and no choice. Scrambled egg and 1 small piece of toast and fruit both mornings. It does however have a pool, very welcome in the heat and it is well located for the park and beach. We learnt it is for sale which probably explains the rundown feeling you get. It could be a goldmine with the right investment.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple