5 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$403
Expedia.comUS$403
Orbitz.comUS$403
eDreamsUS$403
Agoda.comUS$403
PricelineUS$403
1,043 results
All reviews elevator opens private beach full kitchen living room costa rica game room rocky beach the penthouse infinity pool rooms are huge falafel bar cafe milagro great resort on site restaurant happy hour restaurants within walking distance national park
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 March 2021

We just spent 5 nights at Los Altos and can't recommend enough! The residence was huge and my 2 children loved having their own room / space. We loved watching the beautiful Macaws circle the property from our balcony and checked on the resident Sloth at Karolas Restaurant at breakfast every morning. Staff and service was amazing and we our waiter Andres went above and beyond greeting us by name and remembering our coffee and drink order every morning. We enjoyed the fresh squeezed juice of the day each morning thanks to Andres and his recommendation. My daughter and I enjoyed.pedicures, facials and massages at the spa which was lovely! The hotel scheduled drivers to and from San Jose airport, a whole host of excursions for us, and even scheduled Covid tests for us innour hotel since it is required to travel back to the US. The location of Los Altos is perfect....sitting in the mountains with view of the pacific and grounds naturally nestled into the jungle/rain forest. Lots of amazing restaurants and shops in walking distance including a cute little yogurt/ice cream stand. We enjoyed El Migagro, Emilios, and the most amazing Falafel stand just 2 minutes walk from the hotel. Covid protocols are on point in Costa Rica and very safe. Perfect Spring Break trip and much needed week of adventure after a year without travel!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Marjorie Marciano, Other at Los Altos Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review of your stay at Los Altos. It's wonderful for us to hear that your family had the perfect spring break at our hotel, from the spacious accommodations to seeing beautiful birds and animals from your balcony and all around the hotel, to relaxing and getting pampered in our lovely spa, Orquidea. We are glad that you enjoyed your meals at our Karolas Restaurant and were also able to visit local spots in walking distance of the hotel, and that you found our staff so helpful.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 13 March 2021

Los Altos is an amazing place. Not only are the views incredible, the staff and the service here at the resort are the best of best. Whether it's helping with laundry, coordinating C-19 tests (directly in our room) to fly back to the states, room service, and even extending our check out time by 2 hours to accommodate our travel plans, the crew here at Los Altos are exceptional. I encourage everyone to plan a trip to Los Altos!

Cheers,

John
Texas, USA

Room tip: If 15A is available, book it as it has the best view of the ocean!
Reviewed 7 March 2021

This is a beautiful resort with tons of amenities. The rooms are huge and they all have great views. The staff is more than friendly and they will go above and beyond to help you out during any situation. They had a mechanic to look at our car when we were having difficulties, accommodated us with a late checkout and coordinated our Covid tests when it was time to head home. They speak great English and provide 5-star service. 10 out of 10 I highly recommend!

Date of stay: February 2021

Thanks very much for the review of your stay at Los Altos. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your rooms and the beautiful views, and are especially pleased that our staff was so friendly and accommodating. They are all fully committed to providing outstanding service and helping our guests have a great stay.

We hope to see you again soon at Los Altos!

Reviewed 6 March 2021 via mobile

Being nestled in the jungle amongst Macaws, Toucans and Monkeys almost seems to pale in comparison to the service we received at Los Altos. The staff here is quite incredible and attentive to every detail to ensure you have an amazing trip. I arrived with my family to celebrate my wife’s birthday and we were greeted with a cake and a banner in our room. The staff was available the entire stay to help with anything we needed. We will certainly be returning.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Marjorie Marciano, Other at Los Altos Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2021

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay at Los Altos. We are very happy that we helped make your wife's birthday a very special one and that you found our staff so helpful and friendly. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 21 February 2021

If you are looking for a place to stay in Manuel Antonio – look no further. Honestly. The hotel is amazing!
Very charming boutique hotel with breathtaking views of the ocean, fantastic wildlife and scenic walking trails for every level of hiker within the hotel’s territory. It’s like having Manuel Antonio National Park in your backyard.
The beach has its own charm, too. It’s not a luxurious sandy beach, but I liked it even better (if you are looking for a raw, pure experience connecting with the nature).

If you stay in the hotel, I highly recommend booking a tour with Dennis Reyes Arias – he knows the best places where you can see sloths(i saw a mommy sloth with a baby), monkeys and other animals and, overall, extremely knowledgeable about the wildlife in Costa Rica.

The staff in the hotel is incredible! From the moment we arrived till the last minute, everyone was extremely friendly and highly accommodating. Also, I would like to say a thousand thanks to Kenneth Blas, a gentleman who works at the front desk. Not only was he always friendly, welcoming and ready to help, but he also helped to fix my son’s glasses. Thanks so much, Kenneth! So bad we didn’t see you the day of our departure. Next time, perhaps?

The hotel is beautifully decorated. We stayed at the penthouse – incredible views from both sides, enormous size with 3 floors and very clean rooms.

And the restaurant… The food is great! The service is phenomenal. My sons’ favorite part of the morning was breakfast. Not only because the breakfast was served in the hotel restaurant with amazing views of the ocean, but also because of the incredible chief Alex. Alex is the chef who makes the world’s best Minecraft pancakes!!! Yes, he makes animals pancakes, too but my sons are fans of the game and we asked Alex if he could make one of the characters and he did a spectacular job! My kids were ecstatic! But Alex didn’t stop there, he did his own research and the next morning he made different types of Minecraft character pancakes – my kids keep talking about the pancakes and the chef even now! Thank you, Alex!
We also would like to say huge thanks to Glen, our waiter who was always attentive, courteous and very accommodating regarding my son’s allergies and Jessica, the manager, who was always welcoming and professional.
I highly recommend booking a cooking class with the restaurant’s chef! My kids were super happy making their own empanadas with the help from the chef! Very memorable experience for the whole family.
As you can see, I am in love with the hotel. I have stayed in many hotels across the globe of all different categories, Los Altos is one of the winners in terms of the location, personnel, accommodation and overall experience.

Date of stay: January 2021
1  Thank tatigoeswhere

We are delighted to hear that you and your family had such an amazing vacation at Los Altos. We are very proud of our staff's commitment to providing excellent customer service and are glad you got to see that firsthand. Great, too, that you enjoyed your meals and the service at our restaurant, Karolas. All the food there is delicious, but Alex's special pancakes are works of art!
Thank you for coming to stay at Los Altos. We very much look forward to hosting you and your family again soon!