“Best Casual Dining in the Area”
Review of El Wagon

El Wagon
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I want to spread the word about this wonderful restaurant after eating there half a dozen times over the last year or so. El Wagon is consistently delicious with very reasonable prices, friendly staff, and comfortable, jungle ambiance. I went with my two young children and while my youngest amused herself in her high chair or wandered around the enclosed and child-proof dining area, my oldest safely climbed on the caboose the restaurant is named for. Most tables have lovely wooden rockers that ensure and very relaxed experience. The food comes quickly and is consistently good. We've had several of the wraps, the cheese pizza, cheeseburger, and, of course, the 1/4 pound Hebrew National hot dogs. Yumm! Four of us ate for $30 including a basket of delicious onion rings to share. I don't know why I keep giving other restaurants a chance when they can never live up the the quality experiences I have at Costa Verde's El Wagon. Keep up the good work!

Reviewed 12 March 2012

Too close to the road and the exhaust fumes are a bit much along with the rumble of buses and cars.

Reviewed 2 March 2012

We stopped in on the recommendation of our host, and were impressed by the good food and shaded airy deck with visits from their local iguana. Good prices and good selection of customary lunch items and some great fish dishes. Caesar was in charge that day and graciously took time to chat with us about the restaurant and history of the antique rail car out front.

1  Thank WB_Kelso
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We were starving after our tour of Rainmaker. El Wagon was right across the road from our hotel. If you have kids, this is a good place. Hot dogs, burgers, pizza and fries. It was all pretty good and tasted like American bar food. Service and food were quick. It started to drizzle and rather than go inside, the staff placed extra table umbrellas over us and it felt like a picnic in the rain. Fun!

Reviewed 8 February 2012

Great location, great service great food.
My family and I are from Canada, the big sign that said "Beer and Hot Dogs" had our interest right away. A few moments after arriving we were happy with our decision to stop.
Was so refreshing to have "american" food. It was like a restaurant back home. Quick service and beautiful mosaics. Should be a definite stop for all visiting Manuel Antonio!