“Stunning house in the jungle.”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Casa de Noni

Bedroom # 1 upstairs Dining area for 6-8 upstairs
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Bedroom # 1 upstairs
Dining area for 6-8 upstairs
White face monkeys visit often
Birds eye view from our roof
Nights in Paradise
Bathroom 1 upstairs
Gourmet kitchen # 1
Upstairs
Open floor plan
Watch the monkeys from the deck
Set in the jungle, steps from the beach
Loft queen bed
Breakfast on the deck
Sunset in Mal Pais
Quad ride to Montezuma Waterfalls
Deep Sea Fishing!!
53 lb. Wahoo!! Awesome
Fully equipped kitchen
Try the Mal Pais Zip Line
Take an adventure into the jungle, or along our beautiful beaches
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Heidi M
Kenmore, Washington, United States
“Stunning house in the jungle.”
Reviewed 20 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017
people found this review helpful

Beautiful home, once arrived even more beautiful than the pictures. Our favorite was relaxing on the big deck every morning and evening in the leather and wood rocking chairs while the teenagers lounged in the pool. We bbq'd a few nights, and played cards at the outside table. The teenagers lounged down stairs most of the time, making use of their own kitchen and hang out area which gave us parents a quiet serene main floor. The master bedroom was large with a comfortable king bed and plenty of space for our luggage and clothes. The girls took the large bedroom downstairs with more than enough room for all their stuff. The bathrooms were very nicely done. Both kitchens stocked with appliances. Every day around 3:30 the monkeys would migrate by, perfect view from the deck. The birds were beautiful, new ones I'd never seen before visiting on the deck rail in the mornings and chirping away. One of the best perks about this vacation home is the owner Noni and onsite concierge Ruth. From the first email to the owner I knew I was in good hands. She responded immediately and over the next three months answered every question I had promptly. (and I had a lot, as we had never been and I was traveling with 4 teenagers. I was very nervous!) She recommended the best way to travel to their home, and even set up a driver to come get us. Ruth is onsite and she was amazing! Before we left I booked a flight hop to get us back to San Jose (Highly recommended, it was a stunning 20min flight) and the agent sent the confirmation had our family name wrong. I asked Ruth for help and she called the airline and fixed it for me. She set up all our activities and recommended the best things to do. Our favorite was the atv ride up to Montezuma falls. I also loved snorkeling at secret beach. (I bought a snorkel set from costco and brought it with us.) Having her there made our trip so relaxing, knowing she could help us with anything. If you are thinking of going to Costa Rica, this is the place to go. The beautiful home and the support of the owner and concierge made this a bucket list trip to remember.

24 Apr 2017
Heidi,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an awesome review. I am so glad you had such a great experience in Costa Rica, and at our home. It's great that you had the opportunity to rest and relax, even with four teenagers in your group, well done.
Ruth made sure to let me know how awesome your family was, and how easy it was to work with you.
I hope we see you again in our Mal Pais community, you will always be welcome there.
Bruce C
North Vancouver, Canada
“Paradise in Mal Pais”
Reviewed 10 January 2016 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

It is easy for me to write that the highlight of my family's trip to Costa Rica was staying at the Casa de Noni in Mal Pais. This beautiful home, with an amazing pool, exceeded our expectations. The main floor has a great open kitchen, with gorgeous new appliances, large dining room table, living room, master bedroom and full bathroom. However, the best part for us was the floor to ceiling windows that opened onto a wrap-around deck, overlooking the pool.
The perfect weather meant that we spent a great deal of time on the deck. In fact it was from the deck that we saw the barrel of about 20 monkeys commute from north to south, in the branches of the trees beyond the pool, at 8 in the morning and then back home again at around 4pm. The home is on the edge of the jungle and the crazy road to Montezuma.
Oh yes, back to the pool. It was exquisite. Heated by the sun, it was warm always warn and inviting. The gradual entry was great for the kids. The best time for me was at the end of the night, when we turn off the lights and float around watching the stars above.
Mary's Restaurant is a pitching wedge from Casa de Noni. We had a great meal there. The actual tiny fishing village of Mal Pais is just around the corner.
If you are heading to Mal Pais, and want a luxurious and private place (and pool) to call home then I recommend you get in touch with Casa de Noni.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Pool, Deck
Liked least: Roads in Mal Pais
Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
10 Jan 2016
Bruce,
thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am happy you enjoyed your holiday at Casa de Noni, and it sounds like you enjoyed the wildlife and culture around the area as well. I hope you are able to find your way back to the area again.
Sharlene...
“Paradise in the Jungle!!!”
Reviewed 6 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

This house was awesome!!!We enjoyed cooking breakfast in and grilling out. The pool was so nice, clean and refreshing. It was perfect after our daily adventures. We also spent every morning on the porch loving our coffee and monkey viewing. We had so much fun searching and taking pictures of monkeys and birds everywhere. Our concierge, Ruth, was wonderful! She lined up all our transportation, activities and even gave us the best massages we have ever had. This house was located close to the beach and fishing village and a few miles from town. We rented Toyota Prado thru Ruth and loved our car. We also did a ATV tour to Montezuma waterfall. We spent a day out fishing chartered crew thru fishing village. Loved all the outdoor restaurants and food was so fresh & delicious. As you are in the jungle remember to keep the doors shut so the insects and animals stay outside. Also, keep bedroom doors closed so A/C cools. I would highly recommend this house! We had a wonderful family adventure vacation!!!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
15 Jun 2015
Thank you so much for your very kind review. I am glad you had such a great time, and hope you can join us again. Our consierge said your group was great and treated our house with respect and left it spotless. You are truly five star guests.
Noni
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing