“Funky little cafe/art studio/used book store”
Review of Zwart Cafe

Zwart Cafe
Ranked #12 of 19 Restaurants in Mal Pais
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Reviewed 14 December 2015

Stopped for the art and stayed for the lemonade! Little of everything here. A working art studio/gallery, café, and used bookstore are all onsite. My girlfriend and I each partook of a different craft lemonade and argued over whose was better. We also split a BLT on local artisanal bread that I highly recommend. I'm told free wifi is available. Good vibe. Great place to quench ones thirst and hunger following a morning surf session.

Reviewed 21 July 2015

I went their on Saturday - and order some type of fish dish. I say some type of fish because it was more like a rubber chicken.

Now the smoothies are great! Would recommend Zwarf for this reason only.

Reviewed 1 July 2015 via mobile

I really enjoy this all white cafe with gallery and good food. I've visited here multiple times and go back every time. Recomments to chiapuddings and to french toast..it's huge :)

Reviewed 17 September 2014

I absolutely love this place. The owner Margriet is a sweet heart and all of her employees are very kind. The place is full of one of a kind art work for purchase or your viewing pleasure.

They make a mean vanilla cappuccino and some tasty sandwiches.

Also, if your looking for some reading material she has a entire wall with 2nd handbooks for sale.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

My boyfriend and I had lunch here on our way to the beach. Very cool atmosphere--everything is white, except for the vibrant art that adorns the walls. Great natural light, lots of books to read, coffee, food, and WIFI! We ordered a burrito (with extra cilantro as suggested by the owner) and the tuna sandwich--both were delicious. A great spot to come and relax grab some coffee and a snack, or stop in to fuel up before hitting the surf!