“The Best of Both Worlds”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Villa Montemeru

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 14 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Dalton H
“The Best of Both Worlds”
Reviewed 7 May 2016 for a stay in January 2016

Costa Rica has so much to offer, it's unlikely one can experience everything in one trip. For our last trip to Costa our group decided we would take things easy and plant ourselves in one location and just enjoy the slow pace of life. We knew we wanted to take hang in Santa Teresa for the surfing and chill beach town vibes, but we didn't want to be caught up in the mix with all the tourists and the dust and noise from the roads beach side. Villa Montemeru was the perfect option for us. We were close to town, only minutes away by quad. But to be honest, most days we felt no need to leave the villa. We had everything we need there. Stunning infinite pool with the best sunsets of my life.

The accommodations were superb. Mal Paiz, unlike Santa Teresa, doesn't have the same issues with running water, so that was never an issue. And the villa, tucked away on the hillside sits alone; we couldn't see or hear another sould. Well, apart from all the howler monkeys passing through.

But to me the best part of the experience was not how very nice everything was there- it's possible to get luxury almost anywhere- what really made the experience special was our host. Daniel is a very sharp and tuned in guy who takes a lot of pride in everything he does there and goes to great lengths to make the stay there the best it can possibly be. We felt at home, at peace, and secure their in his villa.

Travelling group: Friends
Renaud L
San Francisco, California
“A one-of-a-kind serene property!”
Reviewed 31 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Well, how can I describe our stay at Villa Montemeru? I stayed there for a week with my wife and 9-year-old daughter. The property is mind blowing!
First, the villa sits on amazing grounds with mature trees and a well manicured garden, thanks to Carlos, the caretaker. The infinity pool overlooks the rich vegetation so specific to the Nicoya Peninsula in Costa Rica. At a distance, but not so far, the view of the ocean is so magnificent that I could have just stared at it all day. Right next to the pool is the totally open living room - dining room, done with a lot of taste. Next to it, but lower, is the fully equipped kitchen. I love cooking, and I am pretty demanding, and, quite frankly, nothing was missing - including the constant care of Lola who takes care of maintaining the house.
In the back of the living room, a very wide and appealing staircase goes to the second and third floors with each two beautiful bedrooms on each side. The bedrooms are all completely open (with shutters so that you can close when you leave or when it rains - which it didn't much).
What can I say? Waking up to the sound of howler monkeys and birds is a really a treat, at least in my book. We had a fantastic time and I am counting the days until I can return.
Did I mention the visits from the owner (I think his name is J.C.), who was always ready to help us and came up with great suggestions with local places.
Two thumbs up!!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The peaceful location.
Liked least: Leaving.
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
12 Oct 2016
Thank you Renaud, it was a pleasure to have you and your family stay with us!

Puravida
JC
415scott
San Francisco, California
“Exquisite stay overlooking the Pacific Ocean”
Reviewed 18 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

My wife and I just got back home after honeymoon, which included an extraordinary stay at Villa Montemeru. From the moment we arrived, we knew that we'd arrived at a gem of a location – as all of the rooms have expansive windows that allow one to marvel at a very wide view of the Pacific Ocean. The infinity pool below allows one to further enjoy the ocean while wading in a clean, comfortable pool.

By virtue of the fact that this property is up on a hill, visitors are afforded several luxuries: the jaw-dropping views, peaceful seclusion and fresh air to name a few. One can take advantage of being in close proximity to the beach (and their beautiful Pacific sunsets), the town of Mal Pais and that of St. Theresa – but avoiding several drawbacks of being at street level: noise, pollution and crowds. The state-of-the-art kitchen & fixtures and wonderfully curated artwork only further enhance the experience.

The only other review that I've written on TripAdvisor was negative, so I can assure you that we were absolutely blown away by this place. My wife and I would like to express a great deal of gratitude to our wonderfully interesting & engaging host Daniel and will undoubtedly be back in the future. Unequivocally worth every penny spent.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Ernst O
“best holidays ever!!!”
Reviewed 1 August 2015 for a stay in January 2015

We stayed at Villa Montemeru over New Year's Eve last year and found it very comfortable and well appointed. The views and especially the sunsets are breathtaking. The entire property is tucked away on its own hillside, with no nearby structures in view. Like that we enjoyed complete privacy which allowed us to skinny dip into the pool. The beds are most comfortable and all the furniture is custom made of exotic woods. The kitchen is well equipped, even has a juicer. The young staff is friendly and professional. Most relaxing vacation ever. We enjoyed it so much that we decided to rent Villa Montemeru again this year.

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
fani k
“que paraiso”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

This villa is definitely the most beautiful place in that area... I've had spent 3months in Mal Pais enviroment and have seen many different accomodations in Mal Pais- this one is for sure the most charming and impressive one I've stayed in- the open atmosphere, the view, the garden, the pool, the kitchen, all the details are creating this place to an unique magical spot. Also for doing Yoga and meditation a wonderful place...definitely recommending Villa Montemeru.

Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing