All reviews pollo costa rica closeness miguel monkeys surf trees lounge jungle wildlife santa bungalow
Reviewed 8 July 2015

Indigo Hotel is a such a Zen space to stay in! We planned on staying 2 nights but ended up extending because of how awesome the hotel and the area was!!

For the facilities, the pool is simply stunning and perfect temperature. The rooms are exactly like on the pictures, which was a surprise because they are so nice! They were extremely spacious, the outdoor but indoor shower was very big and quite stunning, and overall the room was perfect. The breakfast was simple but delicious. The landscaping was also pretty exotic and this really made us feel like the owners truly cared about the hotel. The Yoga center is very large and has all the necessary equipment to enjoy a peaceful yoga session in a tropical setting.

Mathias was an excellent staff member and went above and beyond his jobs to help us out and find the bests spots to relax, eat, and surf! Ask him about the secret beach or the stunning montezuma waterfall, it's totally worth it!

Ben, the owner's husband, went out of his way to make sure we had a pleasant stay. He's also has an amazing surf school in the city center and he gave us a great surfing lesson!

Definitely check this hotel out the next time you are in Mal Pais! The previous negative reviews might be from the previous owners as the management changed recently like Ben told us.

Just one tip, if you are like us and don't have transportation, it is absolutely recommended to rent an ATV in town to get to and from this hotel. although it is not central, its worth the ride out of town for the peace and quiet in this heavenly spot!

Also, check out the nearby beach restaurant for the most amazing beach views in Mal Pais!

Room Tip: They all seemed the same, so pick whichever, they are great!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JWatso
Reviewed 27 May 2015

This hotel is now under new management for the past year. The room, bed and washroom was clean and spacious. I felt very comfortable with my stay. The owner was very pleasant and kind. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2015 via mobile

Rooms look just like the photos - they are quite cool-looking and the shower was definitely a highlight! The rooms were quite dark however, and the wifi wasn't working during our stay, even though it said we were connected. One of us got an electric shock from simply touching one of the few lamps in the room as well.

Aside from these little bits, the rooms were nice and clean and the people were helpful. The pool area was also quite nice. We even saw some monkeys!!

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 March 2015

I was lucky enough to visit Indigo as a retreat I presented at was hosted here. It was an absolute pleasure!

The food was amazing - at each meal, we were blown away by the culinary creations. The presentation through to the flavor and finishing off with a delicious dessert. Healthy, filling, and inventive. They were also very happy to accommodate the different dietary restrictions of members of our group.

The rooms were simple but clean and spacious. The beds super comfy, the bathrooms are AMAZING! Outdoor shower with an abundance of hot water and great water pressure.

The yoga classes were perfect. I thoroughly enjoyed the Yoga Shala as a space to meditate, dance, and stretch - even when classes were not happening.

The staff was overwhelmingly accommodating and they offer great excursions. The surf lessons are really great - I didn't attend but many in my group did and they were RAVING.

Overall, Indigo is a gem and worth the slightly longer drive through Santa Teresa to the quieter location of Indigo - yet still just down the street to the hustle and bustle of Santa Teresa.

Room Tip: If you have to get computer work done, there is a comfy couch that over looks the pool that gets great wi-fi. This was my office for my stay!
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2015

I recently had the opportunity to take part in a Professional Development retreat for hoopdance teachers at Indigo. This property was taken over by a lovely couple,Ben and Francesca late last year. They have made so many beautiful improvements. There are 3 different types of accommodations, all with their own charm and amenities. We stayed in the Monkey Apartment which features a full kitchen, indoor/outdoor shower, A/C and a lockbox. The rooms are very reasonably priced as well. The yoga shala is HUGE and the perfect place for a bunch of hoop dancers to get their groove on! Besides the shala and rooms, there is a gorgeous pool and a FANTASTIC restaurant onsite which fed us the most incredible meals every day. The restaurant is owned by a sweet Tico man named Pedro who makes every dish with so much love. I cannot say enough good things about Indigo, I would recommend this spot for any yoga and/or hoop groups that want to come for a retreat!

Room Tip: Monkey apartments are key because of the full kitchen.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends