8 people are viewing this hotel
US$173
Free cancellation until 23/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$166
Hotels.comUS$166
PricelineUS$173
eDreamsUS$173
1,390 results
All reviews the mexican restaurant costa rica mountain view pool bar ceviche hotel is beautiful beautiful pool san jose zip lining downtown jaco beach front crocs blackjack comps disco concierge ocean
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 March 2020

Once arriving to the hotel, you are in awe of the how great the entire ambiance is and all of the staff speaks English and Spanish which is awesome. The pool is amazing, and the beach is fantastic. Best part of it all was at night, a walk along the beach with the clearest sky to watch the stars. I am a fan of science but seeing the sky in Costa Rica by the beach where the lights from the hotel dim away and you can see part of the galaxy due to the darkness from the ocean... amazing! The one thing that they don't tell you when you are booking is that the term is not all-inclusive. There are some restaurants that are off limits unless you have the all-inclusive premier. When booking, I did not have that option and two restaurants were off limits because of it. They have this policy where you can access one of the two after two nights. The other restaurant is a steakhouse which is accessible after the third night. When I read the term, all-inclusive, I expect the entire hotel to be available. Very misleading! Nice room, great ocean view and mountain view, and the room was nice and clean.

Room tip: Don't go into town, there is prostitution and many con-artists.
Date of stay: February 2020
General Manager, General Manager at Croc's Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2020

Dear Oscar,
Thank you for reaching out and sharing such a thoughtful and insightful review. It warms our hearts to hear that you really enjoyed your time with us. As you detailed so well, the natural beauty all around us is an incredible treat. Thank you for highlighting our service and our clean, comfortable rooms as well. We are sorry for any concerns regarding the all-inclusive package, and we will strive to ensure that all details are made clear during booking. It is our goal to deliver truly memorable experiences, and we look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 9 March 2020

Very clean, always saw staff cleaning the pool, facilities, and rooms.

Great food, very fresh and prepared nicely!

Great service, staff friendly and helpful

Beautiful pool!

Highly recommend staying here!

Date of stay: March 2020
GM_Front_Desk, General Manager at Croc's Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2020

Dear George,
We're delighted you enjoyed your stay at Croc's Resort & Casino! It's great to hear that our attention to cleanliness and service impressed you and that our excellent onsite dining was to your liking. Thank you for the lovely review and recommendation. It would be a pleasure to host you again should you be back in the area.

Reviewed 8 March 2020 via mobile

Staff friendly and helpful. Great downtown recommendations from Ismael at the bar. He and Melissa were also fantastic bar staff. Only one minor complaint was we paid for all inclusive and when we checked in, the receptionist highlighted everything on the drink menu. Turns out he should not have done that,so all inclusive apparently is not actually all inclusive. We also were limited on the nights we could eat in certain restaurants, but that was countered by Ismael's recommendation to hit the strip and have the Seafood platter at Mono Verde. The strip outside the resort was well worth the walk. Just be careful that there is a lot of prostitutes. The night life downtown is great. There are also a lot of activities very close by the hotel. We rented a car and got a flat on the way back from a Tranopy tour (11 mins from hotel). Hotel staff helped me change it, so again this is a hotel that has great staff.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for the thoughtful review! We are happy to hear that our team, and Ismael and Melissa, in particular, delivered exceptional service. It is also great to know that you enjoyed their recommendations for local activities. In regards to our all-inclusive packages, we offer multiple levels to choose from and apologize for any confusion you experienced surrounding this. It was a pleasure hosting you, and we hope to see you again soon at Croc's Resort & Casino!

Reviewed 5 March 2020 via mobile

I cannot say enough good things about the staff! Everyone was super attentive and the chefs really know their trade. The quality of the food was good. If you could get it... we had the all inclusive package and we had to make dinner reservations in advance for every day, which proved difficult because we did not know in advance when we would want to eat. Only Saturday and Friday night there was a buffet option. Most days the preferred time was not available and then when we were still in the restaurant at the time we wanted it was totally empty! There were also times where no food was available, except at the bar which was not included in our package. We ended up ordering out once. I would not do the all inclusive again.
The property was really nice. The pool was great and the water was awesome, not overloaded with chlorine like some hotel pools. We had the VIP suite which was the nicest room I have ever stayed in. More amenities than we could even use. We never saw a housekeeper, but they appeared at just the right time and the room was suddenly clean like magic. The pool was so much nicer than the beach that we did not lay there but it’s nice for walks, dips and sunsets are spectacular. The hotel is right near a river where we could go exploring. I would go again, but not all inclusive.

Trip type: Travelled with family
General Manager, General Manager at Croc's Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2020

Dear Isabel,
It's great to hear your positive thoughts on our first-rate accommodations, delectable food, and excellent hospitality. Your feedback about the dinner has been forwarded to the team for review. We look forward to sharing more wonderful moments with you at Croc's Resort & Casino on your return to Jaco!

Reviewed 5 March 2020

Where do I start? From checking in, the front desk girl was very short and not very welcoming. We booked a room for 5 nights and it was about $1900, not the service I expected. I brushed that off and went on my way. The cafe was really nice, thankfully that's the first thing you see when heading to your room. The service from all staff was atrocious, they almost avoid people so they don't have to help or talk to anyone. No chance getting a smile from anyone here either. The sinK drain would drain fast enough so the sink would back up. The elevator button to one of the floors was broken the entire time. My drink was empty more than it was full. The food was terrible, the fish was overcooked. The salsa and guacamole come in plastic to-go ramekins with a very small side of hard chips. The hot tub was a cold tub, no controls either. I asked for a server in the hot tub but they said I had to go to the bar, then see a server helping guests right next to me. Don't even bother trying to speak English, need to know Spanish to get what you want. They almost looked at me annoyed and just wanted me to leave. Not very friendly or welcoming to spend money. They asked at the beginning how much "credit" do I want to apply to my room to use so I said $500. I would order drinks and try to charge it to the room and they either didn't understand or didn't allow me to, I had to pay for most of my stuff with my card. I have never stayed anywhere like this. Every place I have stayed at, you can charge everything to the room and I pay when I leave. There was a full bar for the Fury/Wilder fights and almost everyone had an empty drink and couldn't get service. The bartender was doing inventory while working every night we were at the bar. But hey, they still got $1900 for the stay and about $500 in charges. I will never return to this place and I recommend you don't either. I spoke with many guests that were staying and they all had the same things to say.

Date of stay: February 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about your recent stay.
While we are glad to know that you liked our coffee shop, a guest favorite, we apologize if there was a misunderstanding with charging food or drinks to your room. The voucher was signed and the account open at the front desk, and we are sorry if our staff did not make the charge directly instead of having you pay upon checkout. We will share your comments about this matter and the service provided to our managers to make sure all guests receive the experience they are hoping for, even exceeding your expectations. Our team is typically commended for their fast, friendly service, so it's unusual to hear of the perceived rudeness you experienced during your stay. Your comments will be discussed with our team to ensure our best is always being displayed. Thank you again for your comments, as they help us improve!