All reviews tuna middle of town central location bar next door the entire staff hot water central jaco the main strip beach nightlife
Reviewed 1 May 2017

Very satisfying experience on the whole. Very satisfied with the room, with housekeeping, and with the crew who served up the included breakfast.

Really no complaints other than there were some late night revelers using the pool one night, and then carrying on loudly outside my room. I think the night security staff could be a bit more proactive in maintaining the posted quiet hours as I had to rather tersely speak up after being woken up.

I think that the AC unit for that room needs a recharge, it seemed to struggle a bit to keep the room cool, also the TV cable signal for that room was bit fuzzy and could stand for some troubleshooting.

Overall very satisfied, and the bed and bedding were good quality, an absolute must for me, and I slept well.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
PoseidonOwner, Owner at Hotel Poseidon y Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Now that is the way to leave a great review to help us and even tell us about the couple of items that could be fixed. Our guard will hear from me. Which room, so we can get it maintenanced?

Reviewed 29 April 2017

The hotel is in a great location close to all the shops, restaurants and the beach - fantastic for an early morning surf before breakfast. The staff and owners were really friendly and welcoming. We all enjoyed the amazing selection for breakfast each morning - our children especially enjoyed the fruit and pancakes!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2017

I stayed at The Poseidon Hotel for 26 nights..From the moment I arrived the owners and staff were exceptional,my king room was spacious,cool,secure and the bathroom was great...The Poseidon location is fantastic....in the middle of town and only a 30 second walk to the beach..The restaurant and Sky Lounge Bar are great....The food is delicious...My favourite place to eat in Jaco....I am looking forward to my next stay at The Poseidon..... Ron Gladney

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank rbgladney
Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

The hotel is overall very relaxed and a great location. We had a complimentary breakfast every morning that was huge! I was so full ever morning I had to wait until 3 PM to eat. The owner is a great guy and his bar and restaurant is awesome! The food is great. I literally can't stress how awesome the employees are as well. We met some great people who taught us so much. I highly recommend looking into Hotel Poseidon.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 January 2017

I happen to stay on a national holiday where all Ticos had a three day weekend. I did not realize that Jaco was a party beach full of bars and an active night scene. 5 stars if you are looking for a party scene, close bars, young people, and more. Not a good place for romantic getaway, or families.This review is based on a stay where every hotel room was full and every bar seem to over flow onto the streets. I booked this hotel as a romantic get away and did not get that. I just booked on the wrong day.

I arrived late to the hotel and parking was not included in the price. Hotel has an arrangement with a parking garage/space across the street about 100 feet away. Very convenient. Hotel staff was very busy and was not attended as quick as I would like to have been. Because it was a national holiday, all the streets were full and all the bars were flowing into the street. It was a complete party zone and this hotel was in the middle of it. It was not what I was expecting or looking for. The hotel is located on the backside of the restaurant. There were many Ticos partying having a good time with their music. Again, It was a holiday and I just happen to book this hotel.

The hotel is more of a motel with the same motel room feeling. The room was clean but I was surprised to find sand in the shower. The staff apologized and attempted to clean the room quickly but left me with the sensation that cleanliness was not a priority.
In the morning the party scene subsided and I wanted to leave quickly. Breakfast was in fact very good and there was a woman making fresh tortillas.

I was informed by a local that Jaco beach at one time was very beautiful and a weekend favorite for all Ticos in the area. Since then it has changed a lot and is now a party town where people come to drink and hook up. The beach seems nice but am saddened about the environment around me.

There are always tourist shops and stores but I honestly have to say that it reminded me a lot of telegraph avenue in Berkeley California. Lots of college kids, some homeless, street vendors, and more. I guess if you are young and exploring it can be fun, but definitely not a romantic or family environment.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple