“awesome family spot!!”

Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in Jaco
Toronto, Canada
“awesome family spot!!”
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I went with my 3 children, ages 10, 14 and 15, and despite the quiet night life, we all had an amazing time! we were way too exhausted at night to do anything anyway, other than congratulate ourselves on some excellent surfing and eat yet another healthy, yummy meal at the Hotel Club Del Mar!~ I am a single mom, and even I met a few other adults to enjoy a glass of wine with and watch the stunning sun sets. Extremely friendly, TONS to do, and great, spacious accommodations. The staff are like family by your second day. We plan to go down again soon and see all our new friends at The Hotel Club Del Mar. It oozes cool!
Libby, Toronto

Room Tip: we stayed in the 2 bedroom condos. They have a full kitchen and it is a $3 cab ride to a grocery st...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Libby W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Polish first
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 24 January 2012

If one is a person who is always on alert for flaws and imperfections, they can be found anywhere. But if one is coming to Costa Rica for a vacation, be it an active one or total relaxation, this is the place to stay at. First of all, it is comfortable, clean and well maintained. Friendly and professional staff will always make you feel welcome. I've been visiting Costa Rica for the last 7 years, at least 2 or 3 times a year, and I found that, as far as hotels go, there are two choices. One can either select a luxurious resort which would be like any other anywhere in the world, or one can go with "Costa Rica" experience, where you'll be missing too many things a hotel should have. At Club del Mar they succeeded in creating a perfect balance of the two, so you will have comfort with Costa Rica soul. As far as I am concerned, no other place in Jaco area comes close.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 31 December 2011

This hotel was the final stop in our week long tour of Costa Rico. Was nice and comfortable. Great to be able to wash all those wet clothes from the week! Not much of a beach to sit and relax. Kind of rocky.

Food was okay - very much typical hotel food. Location was nice. We loved the view in the evenings. Our girls learned to surf which they loved. Overall a good value.

Room Tip: We wish we had had a beach view room. We were only 20 steps from the beach though. Try to book the...
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 December 2011

This hotel has spacious nicely decorated rooms for rent but also condominiums with fractional ownership. The rooms are above the restaurant and the reception and close to the road, the condominiums are closer to the beach and thus farther away from the road.

Overall nice hotel and I recommend it. The staff is friendly and very nice!!!

A few details:
- I was staying above the restaurant so I got nice partial views of the beach
- the location is great for surfing beginners! (so whoever is not into surfing and prefer the sea to the pool, not sure this is ideal for you). there is a pool but I didn’t try it. The sea bottom is sand and so very comfortable.
- if you are close to the road sometimes you'll hear trucks going by or if you are above the restaurant you'll hear dishes being washed. (I had my balcony doors open as I wanted to hear the sound of the waves.)
- there is air conditioning and it was working.
- breakfast is great but some of the lunch and dinner options I was not very satisfied with (better eat in Jaco). The coffee in the room is Britt, very nice!
- the hotel has a beautiful deck for yoga with amazing beach views!
- there is no "gate" to the hotel (no permanent security person either) and there are no locks on the balcony doors. I felt that anyone could just walk in, and if no one would be at the reception, they could simply go up the stairs and to the hotel rooms quite easily. The door locks are the old style too (with a key) which I am sure can be broken into fairly easily. Good news is that it's probably pretty safe which is why they don’t feel the need for the extra protection! It's just that I am a woman, was traveling solo, and I notice things like that.
- the bathroom is spacious but could use some updating.
- small hairdryer (not that I ever used it)
- shower pressure not as strong as I would have liked but good enough
- there is a strip of small rocks before the sand which can be hard on the feet and once I found a piece of broken glass among the rocks. Hopefully they will clear up and maintain a path to the beach.
- large closet
- king size bed is indeed king size
- pillows can be a bit hard (for me at least)
- safety deposit box (fits an ipad but not a larger laptop)
- no fridge in the room, no small kitchenette either
- no wifi in the room (there is wifi in the lobby and a computer to check email if you have not brought your own)
- Loved the used books section (you can exchange your own book and pick any book you like). What a great idea!!!
- they provide beach towels
- I did a surf and yoga class while staying there with Del Mar Surf Camp, and a horse back riding tour so there are some great options to have fun!

Room Tip: I would try to stay on the second floor and to the left of the building if facing the beach. This wa...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank kalliopi888
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 22 December 2011

The people, the service, the excursions they arranged, the food, the feeling of warmth and safety have allowed for this to be our favorite trip in the last 11 around the world! We will return with the two couples we came with and their families next year! Thank you for an amazing trip filled with adventure and love! P.s. They let us dance on the beaches bar!!!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the penthouse...three couples and it was roomy and worked well....we met other resident...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jaco
0.3 km away
3.0 km away
Best Western Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort
7.6 km away
Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort

Been to Hotel Club del Mar? Share your experiences!