6 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$166
eDreamsUS$166
getaroom.comUS$238
1,611 results
All reviews jaco beach buffet style all inclusive food all inclusives san jose recommend this resort great drinks pura vida ocean costa tours disco iguanas americans maids waves gate
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 January 2019

I made a reservation through a hotel page and upon arriving at the hotel, the representatives told me that the reservation was not valid and that the page that made the reservation was not reliable, therefore they had to charge me another price.
We were 2 adults and one girl, for a total of $ 216 and the Best Western wanted to charge me more than $ 400

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Marjorie E, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2019

Dear GeorgeMendieta, thank you so much for sharing your comments.

We are very sorry and distressed to learn about the inconvenience you experienced with the reservation made through a website so please accept our most sincere apologies for it. We are very surprised that you mentioned that the reservation was not valid when it surely was and that you mentioned that our staff said that the website in which you made your reservation is not reliable when we have worked with that website for a very long time The reason why there was an increase in the rate was that you made the reservation for 2 adults only (since we are an all inclusive hotel and resort, our guests have to pay the price per person) and when you arrived, you did with a teenager and teenagers have to pay the price as adults (for children under 11 years, there is a lower rate, but from 11 years up, they have to pay adult rates; the only children who stay for free are those that are 3 years or less). Also, the scheduled check in time is 3 p.m. and you all came to the hotel around 10 a.m. The only way guests that arrive that early can stay at the hotel and enjoy our premises and our all inclusive services is by paying a $25 fee per person; this is because as we mentioned before, we are an all inclusive hotel and resort. If the guests do not want to pay the aforementioned fee, they have to leave the premises and return at the scheduled check in time. Once again, we are very sorry and distressed about the confusion, misunderstanding and inconvenience you experienced and we apologize for it.

It was a pleasure being at your service.

Reviewed 8 January 2019 via mobile

First of all, Costa Rica is a wonderful country!!

This resort is very clean and people are very nice!! Food is ok!

It’s a very relax place, no real night entertainment, and mostly local people at the resort.

The beach is great but lots of rocks! That is the only downside. But what a nice sunset !!

Otherwise, it’s a really nice place , nothing really to complain about!

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank ericdS7481CT
Marjorie E, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2019

Dear ericdS7481CT, thank you so much for sharing your amazing review.

We are elated to learn that your stay with us was so pleasant and that you had so much fun because we really thrive on our guests' total comfort, satisfaction and well being. We do everything we can to ensure that our guests can have everything they might need so they can rest, relax, and enjoy the beach, our premises and our all inclusive services as much as they want. We are also very proud to learn that you really liked our beautiful country.

It was a pleasure being at your service. Thank you for choosing us. We hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 December 2018

My main objective was to relax...which I did. I spent most of my time in my room. The room was clean and well maintained. The cleaning staff was no joke. I left for about 20 minutes and when I came back, my room was cleaned. Out of about 60 channels, only 1 was English speaking. And the picture kept freezing during the evening hours. I was not able to get subtitles or SAP so I could at least read what was being said. Here's the joke....Big Bang Theory in Spanish(with Spanish subtitles). I binge watched Netflix on my tablet mostly. The shower had great hot water. Unfortunately the cold water was so weak, I could not cool down the hot water to take a comfortable shower. It was a task but I made it work for me. The toilet would not flush properly. I had to work with it a while before it flushed properly. They served local dishes. I got what I expected when it came to food. If you plan to mingle with the other guests, brush up on your Spanish. Most of their guests were locals or from neighboring countries. I met 4 English people on the elevator and never saw them again afterwards. I did not come with high expectations so I was not disappointed. Like I said, I came to relax and that's what I did. I will admit, the Deejay was terrific

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Marjorie E, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2018

Dear Adventure23858239013, thank you so much for your very nice and detailed comments regarding your stay with us.

We are very glad that it was so pleasant and that you were able to relax as much as you wanted because nothing is more important than our guests' total comfort, satisfaction and well being. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with the T.V. (not being able to SAP the channels), with the cold water from the shower and with the flushing of the toilet. Please accept our most sincere apologies for them. We assure you that if you had let our front desk staff know about everything, they would have immediately sent a plumber to your room to fix the problems with the shower and toilet and they would have sent a member of our staff with another remote control to see if he could help you with the SAP. Once again, we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and as we mentioned before, we are happy that you were able to relax and rest just as you wanted.

It was a pleasure being at your service. Thank you for staying with us. We wish you very Happy Holidays.

Reviewed 24 December 2018

Stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks. Pleasant enough. Food was good, but very much the same. Staff were fantastic and very friendly.
The room was good, but the air con unit sounded like a tank. Very loud, but worked. The walls are very thin and you could hear everything form adjoining rooms..... Lots of noise to cope with!!
It could do with 2 different restaurants and an adult only area. It is carnage with kids running everywhere mostly unsupervised.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MBartz75

Dear MBartz75, thank you for posting your kind comments about your stay at our hotel.

We are happy to learn that it was pleasant because we really do thrive on our guests' total comfort, satisfaction and well being. We are sorry to learn that you found our premises to be old and tired because even though the hotel has been offering its services to the public for quite, we assure you that it always gets the best maintenance and upkeep. It is always constantly being renovated and remodeled so we are a little upset that you feel this way. We appreciate your very valuable advice regarding the variety of our buffets; we assure you that we are going to send them to our Food & Beverages Staff so that they can take them into account as quickly as possible. On the other hand, we are delighted that you found our entire staff to be nothing less than fantastic, so attentive and friendly.

It was a pleasure having you as a guest. Thank you for choosing us. We wish you a very happy New Year.

Best regards.

Reviewed 11 December 2018

Rooms were ok, the ones with the balcony was being renovated. You would need to bring a traveling iron. The pool was nice. The food was ok. The best was the coffee and the alcohol. Some days the service as great and some days so-so. The hotel was within the city which was convenient. Not sure if I would go back but it was the only all inclusive near Jaco Beach. So it's possible I would use them again now that I know what to expect.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Max S
Marjorie E, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2018

Dear Max S, thanks for posting your nice comments about your stay at our hotel.

We are happy to learn it was pleasant and very glad that you liked our all inclusive food and beverages service so much (especially the coffee and the alcoholic drinks) because nothing is more important than our guests' total comfort and satisfaction. We apologize if the renovations being made caused you any inconveniences and we really do appreciate your comprehension. We are very sorry that you found the quality of our staff's customer service not consistent enough. Please Accept our apologies for it. We are truly distressed about it because it has to always be the best since our customer services standards are so high and strict and our staff have to embody all the time our hospitality philosophy. We assure you that we are going to see to it immediately. Our location is also a very big plus because we are right at the beach (and with direct access to it) and we are just a couple of blocks away from downtown Jaco.

It was a pleasure being at your service. Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you back again soon.