All reviews tortuga surf camp surf school communal kitchen costa rica small pool place to stay surf boards quiet end feel like family short walk to the beach san jose jaco beach mike celine lesson surfing hosts
Reviewed 28 October 2017

I don't normally write reviews, but this hotel is worth it. It was my first time as a solo traveler and I was staying at Perico Azul as a part of the surf camp I signed up for, Tortuga Surf Camp- owned by the same people. The experience was amazing. The hotel is small with only 7 rooms that surround a beautiful courtyard, which makes it feel like you are staying with family. They have a community kitchen and living space that guests can utilize. The first thing I noticed was the attention to detail. Every day there were fresh flowers put in our rooms when the rooms were cleaned. The owners of the hotel and their 3 dogs live on the property which also makes it feel like you are staying with family. Becuase it is a small hotel, it was easy to get to know the other travelers staying there as we hung out by the pool or shares fresh fruit.
The hotel is also perfectly located with a 5 minute walk to the beach or a 5 minute walk to town.
This was an amazing experience, and I will definitely be coming back.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank emclemore2002
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Have a really good stay at Hotel Perico Azul, 5mn from beach and town clean and safe, and a very nice family living over there who give you all the tips for enjoy of your trip.
You can have beach chair available on the beach.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Great hotel! Everything about this hotel makes you feel at home. The owners care and it shows in every detail. The rooms are comfortable, and they have a nice pool and kitchen area. Celine was wonderful! She helped me with places to eat, and gave me tips on fun activities to do (hikes, beach activities, etc.) I miss it there, and can't wait to go back! It's a short walk to the beach, and I walked to town as well.

I also decided to take a surf lesson with Tortuga Surf while I was there. I was a little reluctant at first, as I took a surf lesson with another place, and struggled. Well, Tortuga was AWESOME, they were patient and helpful and I stood up! I plan to come back to Costa Rica next year, and I will be taking another lesson to improve my skills. I highly recommend everyone takes a surf lesson with Tortuga while you are in Costa Rica. It is an experience of a lifetime.

I will be staying there when I return to Jaco, and it's nice to have know I will be at a great place.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

3rd visit in the hotel and it is still a perfect place to be. Organisation with Airport-Pickup and Check-In was just perfect. Everything worked well and I had not to take care about something as it was done by the nice owner.
The rooms were clean, quite and well equipped. The kitchen is very good equipped and as well very clean. The pool is also very nice but the beach is just a few walking minutes away. The rooms were cleaned EVERY DAY by a cleaning lady.

If you have any questions, the owner or team helped a lot. It is NOT a party place as it is very quite and therefore you feel like family. That's a rare place in this busy town Jaco.
I really enjoyed staying here and will come back for sure.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Michael P
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Great place to stay, everyone is friendly, and willing to help. They have also surfing lessons!!! Rooms and common areas are clean and comfortable. Walking distance to the beach. I'll definitely stay there on my next visit!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple