Esquinas is so beautiful - words aren't enough. Superb friendly staff & so many amazing birds & animals. The best place I have ever visited.
Jose the local guide who has lived and worked here all his life is invaluable in his knowledge. The food is good for Costa Rica standards and most of it grown on the grounds. Fabulous day trips riding, visiting waterfalls and naturals pools on mountain bikes and the wonderful, if a bit scary, night walks full of all the creatures of the night in the rainforest.
The most important thing is that Esquinas is run in line with the environment and employs and is run by local villagers so it feels so unlike alot of places which exploit the locals and use up scarce resources. It was set up with the primary aim of avoiding deforestation of the area.
The only downside is the humidity, everything is damp constantly, but that is a small price to pay - and you can always dip into the cool natural waters of the swimming pool (the water comes from the rainforest and is cleaned naturally).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Esquinas Lodge in southern Costa Rica, only 3 miles off the Interamerican Highway and 30 minutes from Golfito airport, is part of a model project combining conservation, ecotourism, research, reforestation and community aid. The lodge is 100% carbon-neutral and has 16 rooms, a restaurant, a bar and a pool. The 35-acre private reserve, surrounded by 2500 acres of untouched rainforest, attracts many mammals and over 200 species of birds. Activities include hiking, horseback riding, birdwatching, and boat and kayak tours in nearby Golfo Dulce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Esquinas Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esquinas Rainforest Hotel Golfito
- Esquinas Rainforest Lodge Costa Rica/Golfito