“Wonderful food”

Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Caribbean, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Inventive fusion cuisine made with fresh ingredients. Not one single canned good goes on to our plates! All our breads and sauces are homemade, and all of our recipes are original to Wild Ginger.
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Loved the food, so tasty and different.
Wild Ginger is on the Atlantic side of Tortuguero and therefore not on the main drag but well worth finding.
Owners gave us wonderful personal service but they are proving to be so successful that they may have to get in some help in order to keep the service up to scratch.

2  Thank MaryExeter_UK
WildGingerCR, Owner at Wild Ginger, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are very pleased that you so enjoyed our food.

Unfortunately, the second night that you dined with us a group of 10 showed up without any prior notice, which meant that Jorge was too busy to give you the personalized service that you had experienced the night before.

We would like to take this opportunity to remind our customers that they should make a reservation if planning to dine in a group larger than 8 people. Currently only myself and Jorge are working full time, but when we have a large group we bring in another employee to help out. This way we can ensure that all of our guests receive the high level of service and quality of food that we aim to provide.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

The people who own and operate this restaurant are wonderful, and they know food. Every time I've eaten here (3x in the last 1.5 months), the food was fresh, prepared expertly, and totally affordable. The location is sublime: next to the Sea, and often with a fresh breeze blowing through the nicely architected space. Good, relaxing tunes on the sound system, too. If you ask nicely, they'll let you use their wifi and it is a treat to sip on one of their delicious smoothies while you surf the internet...I relish the times at Wild Ginger when I'm online with my fresh drink in hand because right now I live and work in Tortuguero National Park. I will always come back here!

Reviewed 25 February 2012

Lovely restaurant. Prices are reasonable and the food is wonderful. The free wifi is just frosting on an already great find:)

1  Thank sleslie31
Reviewed 21 February 2012

What a relief and delight to find a restaurant that understood, and went to great lengths to accommodate, my mother's gluten intolerance. What a change to have her eating the same (fantastic) food we were enjoying. For those who face gluten issues, these people were particularly conscientious in ensuring that food was prepared on a non-contaminated workspace and as sauces were prepared with fresh ingredients, we didn't have to worry about the gluten content of packet sauces and spice mixes. Thank-you to Jennifer and Jorge and best of luck with your new business.

1  Thank Charlotte A
Reviewed 13 February 2012

The owners, Jorge & Jennifer, were gracious and welcoming. The food was light and perfect for the exquisite tropical setting of Tortuguero, Costa Rica. The papaya salad my friend ordered was especially good. I ate in several places in Tortuguero but this was the most interesting.

1  Thank Anne W